“traveling alone, go for it...”

Sheraton Charlotte Hotel
Ranked #82 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 19, 2013

average stay, i had a remodel room, really, the sink wouldn't drain so i just took out the stopper. i needed to be able to come in the front door and be able to hit a light switch and see in the room with out stumbling around looking for a light switch, the clock either wasnt working or plug in, i just used my cell phone. there was a standing shower with waterfall faucet, that was different but had plenty of hot water. the light switch for the lights around the mirror SUCKED, it was some type of sensor so it didnt work unless you hit it 400 times...

ok - lets discuss the gym, from the 1980s, if your doing a remodel of the gym, just put the new equipment in there already. i would even negative rate the gym if i could, i had know way to tune the volume -- just a #$@# hole. but wait there is a silver lining if your are a jogger, walker. come out of the hotel and go left. turn left onto e. stonewall st. go under the highway and make another left onto charlottetown ave. (this is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile. go across the river and either right or left of the bridge there are paths down to a wonderful new walking trail that goes for miles in either direction. I'm a runner, so i use this path all week. in the same area is a Target and Wendys resturant and hickory tavern and vavice resturant as well. its worth it and close by then walking north into center city. the path is fully lighted and felt safe to be on in the evening.

finally, the inside resturant for breakfast was ok. i just wanted pancakes but didnt want to pay $10. i only ate there once. that was enough. they also didnt have just chips and salsa so i didnt drink at the bar. i walked to Hickory tavern instead.

Room Tip: i just asked to be away from the elevators when i stay. the higher the floor the longer going up a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Fletcher M, General Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Sheraton Charlotte. Please accept my apology for the room and experience not living up to your expectations. The room you stayed in has not been renovated but does have the brand standard amenities and our comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. But, the hotel is about to begin an extensive renovation that will encompass the entire complex and address most of the issues you mentioned, including the addition of a spacious, world-class fitness center including an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Thank you for your patronage and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to regain your confidence in our hotel. Warm regards.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is old on its public areas, the rooms are dated, only 2 elevators work and they are slow. The STAFF is excellent and lets you feel very comfortable at your stay.
It was 10 minutes walking distance from the convention center, so not too bad but not ideal as its not too close to anything in mid town.
Overall it was good

1  Thank ezAviv
Fletcher M, General Manager at Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments about Sheraton Charlotte Hotel. We appreciate the feedback as it serves to make us better. I thank you for recognizing the efforts of our fine, professional staff. They really are working hard to provide the service that guests expect from a Sheraton Hotel. In terms of the product, we are also working on improving. Shortly the hotel will begin an extensive renovation that will address the issues you surfaced in your comments. Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to your next visit to the Queen City. Warm regards.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Yes, the hotel is old, the rooms are dated and subpar, the elevators are slow. The STAFF however is excellent. The front desk clerk, the valet and especially our bartender/server, Scott, were outstanding. Give it a few months, until the renovations are complete, and this hotel will be a true competitor.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is a dump. They have tried to dress up the lobby but the room floors have paint drips on the wallcovering, spilled paint on the corridor carpets. Expect to wait forever for an elevator.

The room I was given had 2 lamps, one was broken but the bulb lit up. The second (desk lamp) did not work at all and repeated calls to "Guest Services" to request a new bulb or a new lamp were ignored, even though I was promised someone would be there in minutes to take care of it. I check out and there were still no lights. Rusty water coming our of plumbing fixtures just added to the whole experience. I would have rather spent the night in my rental car !!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your stay at Sheraton Charlotte. Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of the room and the lack of responsiveness from the staff. This is certainly not what the hotel has come to be known for in its short existence. Sheraton Charlotte will be undergoing a complete renovation that will address the product issues that you identified. But, we do understand that the conditions you mentioned are still not acceptable. We appreciate your feedback and we will make every effort to improve our product and service. We really do hope that you will give us another opportunity regain your trust in our hotel. Warm regards.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed a night passing through Charlotte. This hotel is being branded now under the Starwood Chain (Westin, Sheratons, Four Points, St Regis, Le Meridien etc) and in the coming months and years will be starting full renovations. Our room yes,was dated, which is why the property is undergoing a full reno but the bed was a wonderful sweet sleeper and the staff THROUGHOUT the hotel were wonderfully friendly, and kind, and excited about the new plans. The club room breakfast offerings were lovely and I am certain the usual high standards of Club lounge will be wonderful when they unveil. We had a lovely late supper and the food and service were excellent. It is in a terrific location to for drivers heading to sunny Florida. I do agree that the parking charges are excessive and that there could have been more staff at check in. We will not "avoid" this property and also look forward to it's new facelift.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments about Sheraton Charlotte. Yes, we will undergo an extensive renovation that will put a new polish in the building. In the meantime, we are continuing to work on providing our guests with service on par with all of our Starwood brands. I appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our professional, accommodating staff. We will get even better and we will continue to add staff as the hotel continues its ramp-up. Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to your return to Sheraton Charlotte. Warm regards.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent 3 nights and 4 days here for a convention. While there was a lot of us we were all pre registered, most of us to come in on the same day. Only 4 people were available to help us check in. That meant at least a two hour wait at check in. Other than that, the rooms were clean and the meeting rooms were ready for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments about Sheraton Charlotte Hotel. Please accept my apology for the length of time it took to check into the hotel. Unfortunately there are only 4 check-in stations, and as you noted all of them were being utilized for your group’s arrival. We were trying our best to accommodate the mass arrival but obviously we didn’t do enough to reduce the wait time, again, for this I apologize. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will allow us to serve as your host the next time your travels bring you back to the Queen City. Warm regards.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place is a joke. I went last week for a convention. My room mate and I stood in the checkout line for two hours! Yes, there was about 900 of us, but we had PRE-REGISTERED a month early to get the deals. They knew we were coming, so why they didn't have the rooms cleaned and available until after 6pm is beyond me. Some girls got in their rooms until 8pm!

I went downstairs to have dinner since my room smelled like vacuumed mold. This was the Sheraton, I expected it to be nice. The restaurant was cold, unwelcoming, and my $16 club sandwich was overpriced. There are also no refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms, but you may rent them for $15 a night. The buffet breakfast is also $18. They didn't tell my girlfriend this, so please make sure you know before putting just bacon on your plate. Please don't expect your internet to be free either, it's $9.95 per 24hrs. Bring your IPAD and use your data plan instead.

Although the staff was extremely nice, I found it shocking they told us "no" when we requested the AC be adjusted because of how cold the meeting rooms were. Really?? 900 of us paying and you can't turn down the AC? Security: At one point I locked myself out of my room and had to have the staff walk me up there to verify my ID and that is really was my room. I was a little shocked, but absolutely appreciated this security measure. thumbs up on that one. The hotel is also located to a pretty great down town area from what I was told. There is a $7 per person charge or something like that, but the hotel will drop you off and pick you up down there, so no worries about drinking and driving. another thumbs up here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business