Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place
Ranked #91 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lancaster
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When we first arrived we were disappointed just pulling up to Hotel. Small lobby and smelled like smoke when we walked in. Room they gave us smelled worse, smoking and musty and very small. We put air on and went to dinner hoping after awhile would help smell. Forget it, smelled worse. Changed rooms which was a little better, but still smelled and woke in the morning congested and with a headache. Some places ok just to sleep, but this one was NOT!!!!!
We only stayed one night and left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna G
Microtel Manage... P, Assistant General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
On behalf of the Microtel Staff please allow me to apologize for the odor of smoke in your room. We appreciate reviews like yours because it helps us to improve our property. I assure you we will work harder in the future to get rid of the smoke odor. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you will book us again in the future and give us a chance to make your stay wonderful!
Sincerely, Microtel Management.
Charlotte
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my second stay here, My first time was great. My second and last time was a horror. I was made to wait in the lobby over a hr. While the desk clerk came from behind the counter and sat down in the lobby to talk to her insurance agen. I could not beleive what was going on, I was being put on back burner and after paiding by credit crard i just threw away $70.00 dollars. After getting the room I stayed 5 mins and left. What a waste.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Travelers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Sleep Inn University Place
#60 of 178 in Charlotte
Continental Inn
Continental Inn
#113 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place
Address: 132 McCullough Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262-3307
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
#2 Best Value Hotel in Charlotte
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn Charlotte University Place Hotel Charlotte