Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$149
$309
$259
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desk clerkthe check in processnice staythe general managerenjoyed my staydefinitely stay here againstaff was friendlytaliacarrconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The location of the hotel is perfect - 3 miles off the expressway. The hotel itself however, smells like an "ashtray" - the minute you walk into the lobby it "reeks of cigarette smoke". I could hardly breathe walking down the hall. The carpet throughout the entire hallway ont he first floor is old and extremely dirty/filthy - it needs to be replaced - preferbale with something more durable. The rooms (non-smoking) THANK GOD did not smell like cigarettes and the ONLY problem I had with our rooms were the refridgerators they hae in the rooms make TOO much noise (kept me away most of the night) - the only ting that drowned out the noise was when the AC unit kicked on.

Other than that, the price was reasonable for the location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The non-smoking room smelled like smoke and had fresh smoke from adjacent rooms coming in as well. The carpet was sticky and the place was generally kind of low rent. I feel like I paid $70 - now $80 with tax for a $39 room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Do not stay here this hotel is disgusting. I think they have homeless people stay on the ground floor. The rugs in the hallway were disgusting and in the rooms. there were spots on every part of the carpet. i ask for a non smoking room and I got a smoking room. The clerk said I got a free upgrade with a refrigerator, a microwave and a microwave fridge. In which I didn't know what a microwave fridge was. The back entrance had garbage everywhere, the stairs was full of crumbs, the elevator had cigarette butts and the floor was sticky. What type of place is this under The Wyndham name DO NOT STAY HERE, I REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were greated with an ill front dest clerk as we checked in. After checking in, we were put in a room that was ok. After we got settled, we turned on the TV and it was not working properly at all. There was a line in the middle of the screen. I called the front desk and it took a long time and I had to go to the front desk as we were leaving for a couple of hours before, they sent someone down to check the TV. I also asked about a local fast food restaurant and was told that there was not one in this area. There was one less than a mile away. That was a total lie. For some reason, they did not want us to eat there. There is a little turmoil going on with this restaurant right now. Also, the back entrance was totally nasty. Trash everywhere. Cigarette butts everywhere. The towels were so hard. I have never felt such hard towels and wash cloths. We were also in a non smoking room. But could smell cigarette smoke. We will never, I repeat never stay at a microtel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here a couple days for a conference and had a very disappointing experience. The reviews on here promised that this place would be a good value, but I ended up paying $70/night for a room with dirty towels, dirty sheets, and even the bathroom wasn't completely cleaned. I'm surprised they didn't round off the experience with bed bugs in my bed!

I requested a wake up call both mornings, and both times it never came. (Good thing I set an alarm!) Other conference attendees confirmed this as well.

The "breakfast" they offer isn't much of a breakfast at all: stale danishes with some OJ and coffee. If having a breakfast included is a selling point for you on a hotel, this place won't fit your criteria.

When I checked out, I noticed that they had snuck a clause into their contract that I would be paying an extra fee for the safe in the room, even if I didn't use it. (Of course, they don't point this out to you -- and you won't notice when you're dead tired checking in at midnight.) DON'T BE FOOLED BY THIS! They won't refund you.

All in all, bad experience, poor value. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business