Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport
Ranked #142 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Upon check-in, Stephanie, the front desk clerk, efficiently handled questions from many different customers at once, arranged airport transportation, convinced staff to come in early for our am flight, and offerred a wake-up call for us--thanks!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
microCharlotte, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write to our brand customer service center regarding your stay at Microtel inn .and we try to give every each customer service like you get
It is our goal to provide our very best to each and every guest.

Respectfully,
Nita Shah

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed June 27, 2008

When I arrived at the motel, the people waiting in the lobby were the happiest group of people, laughing and enjoying each other's company. It was a good sign that this was a good place to stop. I spent one night at the Microtel Inn on my way to Georgia. The staff is very accommodating and very friendly. I needed a refrigerator for some medication, and they immediately (and with a smile) changed my room to meet that need. The room was quiet, clean, comfortable, all for the right price. The breakfast room was clean and neat and with ample food for me. After having driven solo for over 5 hours, I wanted to get out of the motel and walk some. The Commerce Mills Outlet mall was an easy 15 mile drive on 85. And a gas station on the corner made it easy to fill up. What I love about Microtel is that they have free phone calls, free wireless internet, free breakfast, free refrigerator, great bed coverings with lots of pillows. If I am on this road again, I would stay at this motel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
microtelairport, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review
We want to thank you for support and thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs, I want to take this time to inform you that we have added fridge/ micro to all rooms, so next time you are in town we will be able to provide the same outstanding service to you.

Reviewed June 20, 2008

Worst hotel experience. After arriving late and entering a dim lighted sparten room. After awaking in the morning I pulled the blinds open and on the bed that I slept on I then noticed soiled bed sheets where a prior sex act had taken place. And when the Manager Nita Shah inspected this she did not disagree. Her only ability to give me "the customer" the warmth of resurecting this horrible experience and "health risk", she offered me a 10% discount.
When she has your credit card don't be surprised if you get the same experience I did. You pay for this experience. There are many good hotels in Charlotte that are a good value, this is not worth the time.

Stayed: June 2008

Thank you for taking the time to write to our brand customer service center regarding your stay at our hotel. First, Let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a guest of our motel.Secound, I would like to address the concerns that you expressed. I have taken immediate action.

Once again we are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you, if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please don’t hesitate to call.

Reviewed June 13, 2008

My wife and I flew out of Charlotte for an 11 day vacation. Since we live 5 hours Charlotte, we drove down the day before. We stayed the night, had the continental breakfast, left the car in the hotel parking lot, and took the shuttle to the airport . Eleven days later, we got the shuttle back and started the drive home. All this for $58. That's a bargain in my mind.

Yes, the rooms are small (this is not a resort) and the continental breakfast a little weak, but the shuttle was prompt in both directions, the room was clean, and the management considerate. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

It is our goal to provide our very best to each and every guest.

Respectfully,
Nita Shah

Reviewed February 29, 2008

We were forced to stay at the Microtel as our connection back to Vegas was cancelled when we arrived back in the states. MYself, my husband, and my 2 teenagers would have rather slept on the floor at the airport rather then subject ourselves to the filth we encountered. We didn't unpack, we slept fully clothed, even keeping our shoes on. We got out on the very first shuttle. We would have went back to the airport that night but there was no more shuttle service. Truly we were trapped. The staff was extremely unpleasent and didn't want to here anything we had to say about the condition of the room. Probably my biggest concern was that as I pulled the spread off the bed, we discovered somthing resembling old dryed blood dripping down the boxspring, shredded curtains, cig burns all over. (supposedly we has the last room, smoking was all they had) Filth and stench. Very unsavory characters in and out all night.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2007

This Inn is advertised on in numerous places on the Internet as having an airport shuttle, but I phoned them to be certain before making a reservation. When we arrived the staff were friendly and accommodating. We filled out a paper so that we could leave our vehicle parked there while we took a trip to California. We were required to fill in a description of the vehicle as well as the date, time, and flight number of our return. We were told where to park the truck and given a phone number to call for the shuttle when we got back from our trip.

In our room the sheets were dirty. A night clerk came in and told us they weren't dirty, just old and stained. When I showed him hair on the pillowcases, he showed us to another room that he said had been cleaned except for the floor, which he quickly vacuumed himself. He left behind bits of trash under the furniture, including a half-empty pouch of chewing tobacco. The sheets looked suspicious in this room, too, so we slept on top of them with our clothes on.

The next morning our shuttle driver dropped us at the airport and told us that when we returned we should wait until we had collected our baggage before we phoned for the shuttle.

When we returned to Charlotte we retrieved our baggage and phoned the Inn. We were told that the only shuttle driver was out sick. After a wasted hour of our time and two more long-distance cell phone calls we learned we would have to take a taxi and pay for it ourselves.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank KateMarion_NC

Reviewed July 1, 2007

Flew into Charlotte only to find next flight cancelled. I called a reservation company and was told this Microtel had 13 rooms available. I booked one and got a confirmation number. Called the motel DIRECTLY to get a shuttle sent to airport and 6 people total got onto the shuttle. The driver told others on the airport sidewalk he'd come back to pick them up after he dropped us off. After a 15 minute ride to the motel, I knew something was terribly wrong when I saw people leaving the Microtel lobby with their luggage and going across the highway. We went into the lobby only to find an office FULL of irate people. None of us could get rooms even though we all had confirmation numbers. They overbooked on purpose and were STILL picking up people from the airport even though they KNEW they had no more rooms.

So at 12:30 at night, we trudged across the highway to a Red Roof Inn, only to find it's lobby also full of people who had come from the Microtel. Luckily the Red Roof had rooms available. (There was also another motel nearby that other people were flocking to.)

This was not only horrible for everyone involved, but was potentially
very dangerous. They shuttled hoards of luggage-dragging people out to the middle of nowhere, and none of us had any choice except go back to the airport or cross a highway to find other lodging.

I would NEVER EVER attempt to stay here again. I can't imagine a motel manager putting people's lives at risk to try to make an extra buck.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank abcTexas
microtelairport, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I want to start by saying how sorry i am that you felt unsafe and had a overall bad experience. Making money does not come before the safety and well being of our guest, When the airports call us in the morning we give them a certain amount of rooms they can book for us, and sometimes they need more rooms then expected, we try our best to accommidate everyones needs, please consider staying with us again we can assure you, that our staff was re educated on the importance of providing great customer service and we look forward to seeing you in the future.