“Just an OVERNIGHTER type of hotel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport
Ranked #140 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Ladson
“Just an OVERNIGHTER type of hotel”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is located about 20 minutes to every major attraction, which is a plus. However, the hotel room needed some updating. The sofa bed had questionable body fluids/white stains on it. Also, when sitting on the toilet, it lifted off of the floor. Mind you...I only weigh about 150 lbs. Overall, if you want a cheap spot to crash and want to just stay for just one night...it's a good deal. I would not recommend you staying here for more than one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelairport, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
we will make sure that we address all of your concerns. Please consider coming back to see us and you will see how every response makes a difference.Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked in at the Microtel as my flight didnt get into Charlotte until midnight. I called the courtesy phone at the airport to tell them I had arrived for the shuttle and was told to wait to be collected. That was all fine and the driver was a very lovely young man.

What didnt I like about the Microtel? Mainly the staff (apart from my lovely drivers) Having arrived at just after midnight the lady was very rudely dealing with a poor couple that had been ill-advised about accomodation including their very young sleeping infant. This resulted in a 20 min over the counter arguement between the two while I waited to check in and organise my shuttle for the following morning. Eventually I was given a key for my room and added to the shuttle list for the following day.

There was alot of noise in the hotel for 12:30 in the morning and several people sitting in cooridors. I wasnt too worried until i noticed several locks on the doors...but everything was fine and I had no troubles.

There is a fair amount of miscommunication which I found frustrating, and clearly the people checking in with the child also found the same. I was told it wouldnt be a problem to drop me to the rental car place at the hotel the following day by the shuttle as it was on the way, however this was no allowed the following day. Not a problem i was happy to go to the airport and then get the shuttle but it was just annoying as i had planned less time to organise this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
thanks for the review
looks like your stay was pleasant. sorry about the little event that you had to witness. we will try to cut down on the confusion. for future guess. hope you come back to see us.
Washington
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I used my AARP discount for a rate of $50. The rooms are small with a full size bed. The staff was dressed as if they were going to picnic! Sundresses with full cleavage available. Wont be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Im sorry you didnt have a pleasent stay, I will make sure that we address all of your concerns. Please consider coming back to see us and you will see how every response makes a difference.Thank you
Morehead City, Nc
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times and don't have any major complaints. Some times the lobby is crowded with people waiting to load the shuttle to the airport, but things move quickly. We received prompt service at check in and check out. The exhaust fan in our bathroom didn't work and the hotel doesn't have soft water, but neither of those were a major thing for our short stay there. The rooms are small, but when we travel, we don't spend a lot of time in our motel room. This one was reasonably clean, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. There was NO mold or mildew in the bathroom. The floor, counter tops, etc. appeared to be nearly new. Some times, when we've stayed here, we've been bothered by a lot of planes flying over, but that is to be expected, since the motel is near an airport. This time our room was on the first floor on the front side of the motel and we turned the fan on to drown out any noise we might have and weren't bothered at all. One night we did hear some guests as they were talking going down the hall and doors closing, but it was only for a few minutes. The breakfast is "basic", but sufficient. We got a 20% discount rate, since we stayed 2 nights, so that made it very reasonable. We'll stay here again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the first floor on the front side of the motel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
microtelairport, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Im glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. we look foward to seeing you again.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

To begin, I never write reviews but this hotel was an exception (and not a good one). Every member of the staff we encountered was rude. There was no greeting when we arrived, two female staff members were very rude when asked if we could have an extra towel and blanket, they did not tell us what time breakfast began or what time check out was. Although this hotel is low priced, customer service is everything in my book. Service is definitely a 0 out of 10. Rooms are comfortable for one night, but not a few nights stay. You get what you pay. Spend your money where customers are valued and not treated as burdens. I'm sure when I check out in the morning I'll have more complaints, but this review could not wait.

• Stayed May 2013
microtelairport, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Im sorry you didnt have a great stay, I take all responses and use them to better our hotel, so we can turn bad stays into great stays in the future.
Please come back and visit us in the future
Floyd, Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

There's only one reason to stay here: it participates in e park and fly program that allows you to leave your car in its lot while you fly...only one night's stay required on either end of your trip. As for the rest of it, well it's not so good. The rooms are very small and while clean, they don't feel it somehow. Maybe it's because there's so many upholstered surfaces that probably aren't disinfected often, if at all. I came away with three bites on the side of my back. I hope from a spider vs bed bugs. Glad it happened on return stay or I'd have been itching during my vacation. Other observations: Gotta ask for shampoo and there's no coffee pot in room. Breakfast down in lobby is VERY basic. Staff friendliness is mixed. On the front end of my trip, they hardly made eye contact, but on the return stay, different people on duty and they were friendly. Shuttle to airport doesn't run 24 hrs, so be attentive to that when determining if this hotel meets your needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Im sorry your stay was pleasent, we are make sure that we address all of your concerns. Please consider coming back to see us.Thank you