“Terrible service”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport
Ranked #140 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“Terrible service”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

To begin, I never write reviews but this hotel was an exception (and not a good one). Every member of the staff we encountered was rude. There was no greeting when we arrived, two female staff members were very rude when asked if we could have an extra towel and blanket, they did not tell us what time breakfast began or what time check out was. Although this hotel is low priced, customer service is everything in my book. Service is definitely a 0 out of 10. Rooms are comfortable for one night, but not a few nights stay. You get what you pay. Spend your money where customers are valued and not treated as burdens. I'm sure when I check out in the morning I'll have more complaints, but this review could not wait.

• Stayed May 2013
microtelairport, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Im sorry you didnt have a great stay, I take all responses and use them to better our hotel, so we can turn bad stays into great stays in the future.
Please come back and visit us in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Floyd, Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

There's only one reason to stay here: it participates in e park and fly program that allows you to leave your car in its lot while you fly...only one night's stay required on either end of your trip. As for the rest of it, well it's not so good. The rooms are very small and while clean, they don't feel it somehow. Maybe it's because there's so many upholstered surfaces that probably aren't disinfected often, if at all. I came away with three bites on the side of my back. I hope from a spider vs bed bugs. Glad it happened on return stay or I'd have been itching during my vacation. Other observations: Gotta ask for shampoo and there's no coffee pot in room. Breakfast down in lobby is VERY basic. Staff friendliness is mixed. On the front end of my trip, they hardly made eye contact, but on the return stay, different people on duty and they were friendly. Shuttle to airport doesn't run 24 hrs, so be attentive to that when determining if this hotel meets your needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
microtelairport, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Im sorry your stay was pleasent, we are make sure that we address all of your concerns. Please consider coming back to see us.Thank you
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I traveled with my Son and 4 grandchildren on our way to Florida in March. I reserved this hotel because I was able to get 2 adjoining rooms, or so I thought. After traveling from Dayton, Ohio to this hotel, 8 hours, and a traffic jam, we were ready to check in and relax. Upon arriving, I told the front desk that I had a reservation and was in room 301 and 303. There was a man and a woman at the front desk. The man looked right at me and told me that I didn't have room 301. I told him that I did, and that I confirmed it the night before. He proceeded to tell me that I didn't have that room and I would have to settle for another room.

So at this time, I was not very pleased with this hotel. I told them that they would need to move whoever was in the room I reserved and was guaranteed and put them in another room. The man got angry and told me he wasn’t going to do that and that I would have to accept another room and that this man had been in there for the last 4 days. So they lied to me when I called the hotel directly the night before to confirm my rooms! I also told them that I was a Wyndham rewards member and a member of Trip Advisor and that they needed to honor my reservation or I was going to report it and it wasn’t going to be a very nice report. He then tried to ring the room and no one answered. I was again told that I would have to accept another room. I then told him that this was unacceptable and that I was traveling with two small children and we needed our adjoining rooms. He started yelling at me and said “Who is going to clean the room if we move that man out”. I told him that I didn’t care, I would clean it and change the sheets. He started yelling at me again stating “What do you want me to do?”. Again I tell him to move the man that was in my room. He then said, “What do you want me to do. Cancel your reservations?” Wow, isn’t that customer service. My son walked up to this man and told him to stop yelling at me and that I needed to be treated with a little respect. I again told him, I had traveled 8 hours and through a traffic jam and all I wanted is to get the rooms I reserved and relax. Mind you, I was not yelling but keeping myself calm, although I must admit it was difficult. He then called the manager.

After another 20 minutes, the manager came in and asked me what the problem was. So I had to repeat it to her and said that the room I had reserved was given to someone else although I confirmed my reservation with the hotel the night before. She started calling other Wyndham hotels in the area and wanted me to accept adjoining rooms with 1 king bed and 1 double bed at the Baymont Inn and Suites across the street. I looked at her and then pointed to my family and said, “How am I supposed to fit 6 of us and try to sleep in those two beds.” Well, needless to say, I had no choice but to stay in two rooms that were next to each other but not adjoining. With two small children we wanted to avoid them going out in the hall to get to the other room. I told the manager that this was completely unacceptable and that I would report it.
We also had the same reservations on the way back from Florida with rooms 301 and 303 reserved. I told her that they better be ready for me. I should have cancelled but with only a week to play with I was afraid we wouldn’t be able to get adjoining rooms. So on the way back from Florida, we ran into traffic jams and tire issues that delayed our trip. At 4pm when we realized that we had another 6 hours to go, I called the hotel and told them what was happening and if I could cancel Thursday nights reservations and keep Friday’s. They told me I could but they were going to charge me the $130.00 because I didn’t give them 24 hours notice. You would think they would work with me since they treated us so badly before. So we trudged along, got to the hotel at 9:45pm. We got our rooms I reserved. We opened the door between the two rooms and there was this black gooey tar type stuff all up and down the door jambs. Now this was difficult to keep the two young ones from touching it accidently. And by the way, my back went out on me since I traveled 13 hours in the car. I was not able to join my family at Carowinds on Friday because I could barely walk.
As far as the breakfast, don’t get me started. I am not a very picky person, but the breakfast was a joke. And don’t drink the orange juice! It doesn’t even look like orange juice. I hope you heed my warnings about this hotel. Also it is independently owned and not part of the chain. Wyndham Rewards, you should be ashamed for allowing this property to be a part of your rewards program!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Im sorry you had a bad stay, and I wish there was a way we could turn back time, but since we cant, please allow us another chance to show you how much we value your feedback and all the changes to be made from it. We look foward to serving your lodging needs in the future.