“Clean and decent.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Airport
Ranked #140 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This is your typical budget motel. Nothing bad, nothing great. Rooms are smallish, but they have extras, like a fridge and microwave. Wi-fi worked well. The free continental breakfast is just okay, the usual cereal, juice, coffee, etc.
We did enjoy the Cracker Barrel nearby for dinner.
Price is right and they offer a free airport shuttle. We ended up staying twice, for flights in and out of Charlotte.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imawandrer

Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a good, cheap hotel near airport. Small rooms. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed October 30, 2011

One night stay to catch an early flight. The hotel is in serious need of updating. The room was relatively clean but that is about all I can say. The fridge and microwave sitting on top of it stuck out which made it easy to hit when you got out of the bed. I chose Microtel because I had such a pleasant experience at another Microtel in Johsnstown, NY this past summer. There is no comparison between the two.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We have stayed at this motel several times. It is in a very good location near the airport. A Cracker Barrel and Waffle House are near by. This time the motel didn't smell as fresh as usual and we found the ceiling in our first floor room water stained. The ceiling was dry, but we wondered, if the tub in the room above had overflowed at some point. The room was very clean otherwise. The carpet looked new as well as the bathroom tile. The bathroom was very clean. The only problem was the some what musty odor in the room, which we attributed to the ceiling problem. Since we were only staying one night, we didn't ask for a different room and don't know, if any other rooms had the same problem. We were disturbed by noisey motel guests in the room above us during the night. It sounded as if they were shoving furniture across the floor. The continental breakfast wasn't exceptional, but was enough to get us started for the day. Since our room was on the back side of the motel, the noise of airplanes taking off from the airport seemed noiser than, when we had stayed on the other side.

Room Tip: Possibly a room on the "front side" of the motel and not on the ground floor would be best...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sybildew
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed at the Microtel Inn Charlotte Airport for one night from Oct.19-20. The hotes is your typical chain-motel with all the amanities you need for one night before or after a flight (I would probably look for a more central hotel for two or more nights in the area!). My room was smallish but very clean, tons of TV channels (including HBO!) and the hotelstaff was super helpful and friendly! And since parking, breakfast and wifi (also in room) are for free, the hotel is a very good deal for the price of $57 (€41) for the night!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Got stuck in Charlotte because customs was ridiculous, needed a hotel room. Of course the night we get stuck was the night if the Nascar race....Well, this was one of the only rooms open, and it was priced well, so we went for it. The woman at the front desk was pretty busy, as the phone kept ringing non stop, but she was so nice to answer our questions about local restaurants (not very many), and her southern hospitality came out with every word. The hotel room was small, but accomadated the needs we had, a bed and a bathroom. We ate at ICHIBAN HIBACHI SUSHI BUFFET (phew), which was less than accomadating for our vegetarian diets. They made up for it though as there was a completely drunk local complaining about something, but all we heard was something along the lines of "you lied about pink lemonade". The cops came. It was pretty exciting.

Not as nice as Dreams Tulum, where we were earlier in the morning, but hey, you get what you pay for, and I'd certainly stay here again. It's real good.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crescentstevek
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Overall, I gave this recent hotel stay a poor rating because I felt I was mistreated and the customer service was Terrible. Booked the room through expedia and prepaid for one night. The room was nice and clean, had everything we needed, and I felt safe and comfortable. Then, when I decided to stay 2 hours longer for the "late checkout", I was informed that it would be $20 extra. That was fine by me, but of course I'm thinking that it would be added to my bill or I'd just have to pay at checkout. No big deal. Well, as I'm trying to sleep, I began getting numerous phone calls from the front desk rudely awaking myself and infant child along with constant knocks on the door and staff barging into the room. All attempting to force me to get up and pay that darn $20 immediately "or I'd be forced to vacate the premises". It was so bad I could not go back to sleep and basically spent my 2 extra hours I paid $20 dollars for being harassed. I was finally able to get up and pay the fee at the front desk in my PJs. Did not have cash or credit card on me. Luckily they had an onsite atm machine, otherwise I guess we would've been put out on the street. Took everything in me not to make a scene and I probably wouldn't go back there if they were the last hotel in Charlotte! Not trying to deter anyone from choosing this place, but this was my experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family