“Overnight at the Renaissance CLT airport”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #31 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Florence, South Carolina
“Overnight at the Renaissance CLT airport”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed over to catch an early flight the next day. There were many 49ers in town for the big playoff game with the Panthers. The bar was very busy but the bartender and wait staff were up for the challenge. Kristina and Emilia were superb. They handled some tough situations very well and managed to stay very professional. See use was very good and we all felt like valued guests. Highly recommend the food and beverage at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards the service that you received during your stay at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. Your comments will be passed to noted staff members. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Booked and Received a Great Rate!

I love this property! Free parking! Grand entrance! Professional staff! Delicious breakfast and extremely clean and modern and spacious facility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My God Place Is Heaven! the plush, pure white and soft luxury bed sleeps like a cloud of softness and the amenities of the hotel are in align with the Renaissance Hotel!

I will be Again, Again, Again, Again, Again, Again and Again!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI: I saw "Master P" the rapper in the lobby of the hotel! It must be world class if celebrities are staying there!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor! You'll feel like your on TOP of heaven!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rest and Relaxation is key while traveling, and we are happy that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel was ok, just had fees like $8 a night and $50 deposit for each night. I didn't know about that until I got there. My biggest issue was when i got into my room I realized it was cold in there, so we turned the the heat up to 80 degrees and hour later it was still cold. Remind you it was 25 degrees outside. I called the front desk on several occasions and informed them and ask them when was someone coming to check the room. We checked in on Friday and they finally came Sat night @ 10 pm. and my check out was sunday morning.I never experience the room since i had to leave sat morning due to the room being so cold. I was very disappointed and when i expressed my concern the guy that check me out told me to write a review on this page.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I would like to extend my deepest and sincere apologies, and regret the inconvenience that you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. I will look into this with the appropriate department (s). I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and I hope that this experience will not deter you from your continued business association with us and the Marriott/Renaissance family.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel itself is fine but the biggest attraction for me staying at this hotel was the free parking. Now that they charge $8/night (more than $5 CLT airport parking), I'll be looking elsewhere. Also disappointed they don't offer Platinum members room upgrades.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the our hotel. I am grateful you have taken the time to inform us of your recent concerns in regards to our new parking charges. I will review your concerns with the appropriate department,and welcome the opportunity of serving you again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 3, 2014

On Dec 21, 2013, Six of us had dinner at the Renanissance Hotel. Steak was order Medium/Raw Served Over cooked.
Two order special Meal was served luke warm.
We sent the special back again not hot. Second time still not warm. Could not eat cold ravaolli with cold sauce.
Disappointed:
We had to ask for these two meals we could not eat to be taken off the bill. Manager nerver came over to apologize.

Today a representative Jan 3,2014 called me regarding this issue. He did apologize, and offer me reward points.

In our opinion we should have been offered more. Our Pre Christmas dinner no dinner for three of us. Nor were we invited to come back and have at least three meals complementary.

I do realize this is an isolated incident not common of Marriott. Wish the manager could have made us feel like a valued customer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to accommodate all of our guest a little better upon each visit and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay, and the inconvenience experienced. I will look into this with the appropriate department. I hope that this experience will not deter you from your continued business association with us and the Marriott/Renaissance family.
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife had searched high and low for a hotel near the Charlotte airport for overnight accommodations for 18 family members including 5 cribs. Only this hotel would guarantee that we would have the cribs. Fantastic! What we didn't think to ask was if their airport shuttle ran 24 hours. We found out (when we arrived at about 8:00 pm, that it didn't. We needed to be back at the airport by 5:15 the next morning. The night manager, Denise, called her drivers and found one who would come in by 4:30 am and make two trips (the van accomodates up to 11 at a time) to the airport so we could all make our connecting flight home. And this was on December 31st-a night most people would expect to be out late, not wanting to come in to work extra early. We are grateful to Denise and all of her staff for their help over and above what would normally be expected.

2 Thank Michael R
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I wil lpass your comments along to Denise, and thank you for your patronage with us. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you and your family again in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. Everytime we stay here everyone is always so nice especially Derek and this time was our 1st time meeting Lori at the front desk but I can tell she was trained very well. Everyone is always smiling and very hospitable. Thank you guys for all that you do and for working during the holidays!

1 Thank LaShekia W
Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you are able to find that at our hotel. I will inform noted staff members of your comments. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are happy you have continued to choose our location.