“Great Hotel”

Ranked #34 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay at this hotel on my many frequent trips to Charlotte for very specific reasons.

This hotel is located in the perfect place for anyone traveling on business. Very clean, very nice, friendly staff. Very pleasant checkin.

Great food and great service. I had the pleasure of meeting Kris, Evelyn and Emelie in the restaurant and their service was fantastic.

The new addition of live music and chef on Wednesday's is a great touch!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I will pass your comments to noted staff members. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. Thank you again for your patronage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have never reviewed before but I had to after my recent stay while in town on business. It is near the airport, tucked in a nice area. The suites are great to stay in and most importantly the staff made my stay enjoyable. Check in was fast and friendly. Fitness room was legit. If you go to the bar area ask for Evelyn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and your concerns. I will surely pass your comments to noted departments and staff member. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area
Wilson NC
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Seven friends & I set out for a Bachelorette weekend Getaway and chose this hotel due very pleasurable past experiences not even three months prior while I was in town for my Grad School graduation. HOWEVER, this experience was a nightmare. To put it in simpler terms, a HOT MESS.COM! Upon arrival and check in to our 2 adjoining suites on Floor 7, one of the toilets did not work, and the other ran for about a half hour after being flushed. We immediately called for a service technician to come up or to be moved to other rooms. We were asked to allow the tech up first, and we did so after a hefty wait. So with seven ladies and an 8 hour day behind us, we were all ready to shower and relax. So we began one by one showering in the room with the running toilet. At which time we were told we were inconveniencing the service tech by showering because he couldn't assess the other toilet. By now it is almost 10pm at night. So after having to have parts replaced in the first suite, we spoke back with "Darrick" the manager on call and he advised us that we couldn't be moved that night but possible be the next day. In lieu of being moved right away, we were compensated with the horribly expensive, tasteless buffet style breakfast downstairs. So the next day arrived and we waited until 1:30pm before leaving waiting to hear from "Darrick" about being moved. Never heard from him. So upon return to the hotel approximately 4 hours later "Darrick" was highly upset that we left and were unreachable. So again, we inquired about being moved, and were given the run around and told that he had to speak with another manager. Which never happened and again on day 2 we were compensated with the tasteless breakfast buffet downstairs. While 5 of the 7 women were downstairs I was upstairs showering and was burst in on by a "housekeeper" with no cart who did not knock and did not identify herself. I was naked wearing only a towel and she just ran off. She went to our next suite and did the same thing, and our rooms were open to one another so I am still starring at this woman in my towel and she proceeds to say, "Oh sorry", and runs off again. I immediately call downstairs to find out who she was because with no cart, and no identification or announcement, I didn't know if it was someone attempting to steal from us or someone off the street. I was later contacted back by the Housekeeping Manager who laughed in my face and said it was a housekeeper and she would never, not knock. And that I was crazy and didn't understand that housekeep have a job to do and that they don't wait for guests to check out before trying to enter the room to clean. So basically we were blown off again. We later approached another Manager who sent us to the manager on call "Bobby Gibson" who was also a joke and had a very condescending, sarcastic attitude and refused to provide us the number for the GM. After returning upstairs to prepare for check-out, the same bathroom from before wouldn't flush, so we called back down from 11am-1230pm, past out Noon checkout and finally someone came up to fix it. Needless to say my friends and I will not return to this hotel again! So, if you plan on staying here pray that you have a better experience than we did.

Room Tip: GO somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at this suites hotel when my airplane was cancelled and US Airways obtained a room for me. I only was there from 9:45 p.m. until 5:30 a.m..

I found the staff very helpful, especially, especially the waitress Stella. Her pleasantness and professionalism made my delayed flight situation much better.

I also was impressed with the desk staff, as they helped each other check in the 14 persons sent to this suites hotel.

The hotel look very clean and my room (#432) on 9/26/13 was impeccable.

Great work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We appreciate your patronage, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our location. I will surely pass your comments to noted staff members. We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area
Lincolnton, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great job by the staff. Started off with the quickest, easiest check-in process I've experienced. The staff at the bar was great. Kudos to Sean & Emelie. I had my family with me. Everyone enjoyed the breakfast. We would definately stay here again. Overall it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Comfort and guest satisfaction while away from home is key to travelers, and I am happy that you and your family where able to find that at our hotel. Thank you for selecting our hotel,your comments on service from staff will be noted and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Bayfield, Colorado
Reviewed September 26, 2013

the hotel bar was on last call and the chef still cooked my up some awesome wingsroom and lounge was nice and my server was excellant.great location, good food and great room. what more could one ask.

Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again. Once again, thank you for selecting our hotel!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nice efforts...I liked the live music that played in the atrium. They also had a tasting area of food and samples of beer. Rooms are well appointed. Love the Aveda products in the room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!