“Nice music in the atrium”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #34 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice music in the atrium”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nice efforts...I liked the live music that played in the atrium. They also had a tasting area of food and samples of beer. Rooms are well appointed. Love the Aveda products in the room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Kudos to the staff who works here—it was almost a surprise to find the level of courtesy and service at a hotel that is very mediocre. Other positives were the comfortable bed and nice Aveda bath products. Other than that, I believe there are better choices in the area. Rooms are large but very worn and tired-looking. Few choices of channels on outdated tbs. Late 70's-style lobby. Plus, the food options from room service were quite limited and pretty awful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to accommodate all of our guest a little better upon each visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay, and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to Charlotte.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I were delayed out of Charlotte the night before our anniversary. US Airways put us up at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites and we lucked out! The atrium bar looked like an oasis after a travel delay and Emilie greeted us with a smile. She overheard us talking to a fellow guest about our anniversary trip being delayed so she offered us each a drink on the house for our anniversary. Emilie was so nice, she even bought the other guest a beer because she heard him tell us that his luggage was lost. Emilie knows how to turn surly "distressed passengers" (as US Airways calls us) into pleasant patrons. At one point, she had all six of us at the bar laughing and talking to each to each other, when normally, we might have not even given each other the time of day. She also knows her drinks, let's you try wine and beer before you buy and was so pleasant to chat with about parenting, football, traveling...you name it. If you find yourself delayed in Charlotte, head on over to the Renaissance Charlotte Suites bar and ask for Emilie!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very happy that one of our staff members went above and beyond in providing you with great customer service. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy that Emile was able to assist. I will pass your comments to her , and welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.
here
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Kristina was at the bar and was fantastic. I was celebrating my birthday and she and the other employees made me feel like I was with my best friends. The food in the bar was good. I had a couple of beers and a great bourbon to cap off a great nite even though I was celebrating my birthday away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am very happy that you had a wonderful birthday experience at our hotel, and that one of our staff members made it special. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Kristina and Evelyn both took excellent care of my food and drink needs at the bar in this very nice hotel. Food was tasty, well prepared and nicely presented. Service was cordial and speedy.Nice selections available and good guidance given on what to choose. First rate all around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I will pass your comments to noted staff members. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to see you on your next visit into the Charlotte area
Clinton, North Carolina
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently spent one night in Charlotte at the Renaissance Suites Hotel. Everything about this stay was pleasant and relaxing. I was especially impressed with the customer service and attention to detail that was shown in the lounge/bar. My compliments to the staff which includes: Kris, Evelyn, and Mary-Kay. These exceptional employees did everything possible to ensure my associate and I had a nice evening. Kudos to these lovely ladies for their outstanding customer service! Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable. Thank you for your continued patronage with us. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The only complaint was when we checked the A/C was not dehumidifying the room. Everything felt damp. We called maintenance and they fixed the problem. The A/C worked well after. The room was large, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very good and our waiter, Robert was fabulous. I was a little disappointed their was no coffee available during the day except at the bar. The hotel although convenient to airport is isolated from any restaurants. Without a car, you are stuck at the hotel. Room service was very good and the overall staff were excellent.

1 Thank ResortMike
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I am happy to hear that your inconvenience was changed from a negative experience to a positive . Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and Iam happy that Robert exemplified this. I will pass your comments to noted staff member, and welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future