“Great property, nice rooms but OK location”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #63 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this property with family. The hotel itself is very nice - the lobby is very welcoming, atrium completely open and the registration area great.

The room itself was also nice - had a wet bar in the sitting/living room portion with the bathroom in between living/sleeping rooms. Two flat-screen tvs (one in each room) made it nice for us to watch sports and let others watch movies.

The beds were very comfortable and the room furnishing were well appointed.

The only negative about the hotel is the location - there isn't much around this area and is a 10-15 minute drive to uptown Charlotte. If you don't mind a drive, this hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to write about your recent stay, we value your comments and look forward to serving you again on your next trip into Charlotte.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed on our way to HHI. Huge rooms to fit our family of 6 and they loved the pool. The pool area was nice and spacious to relax and watch the kids. The kids enjoyed the buffet breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KimCarlKids

Comfort while away from home is key when traveling, and I am happy that you and your family had a wonderful experience during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed in February and the place was very clean and we just loved it here. Staff was very friendly and food was great. We would definitely come and stay here again. They even had a great military discount.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for informing us about your recent stay. Guest feedback is key in continuing to provide guest satisfaction. We welcome the opportunity to service you again on your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Checked into this hotel last week staff the is all super friendly. Ate in this resteraunt our waitress Sarah was super nice and cute. I definatly have a crush. Checking out was a breeze and room service didn't wake me up before I left at nine.
Synopsis- good food, great staff, very clean, I would definatly recommend to anyone staying in charlotte!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is key and I will pass your comments along to the mentioned staff member. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip into the Charlotte area.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while in town for a show. I was 100% satisfied with everything about the Renaissance. The hotel is very upscale and in great condition. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. Checking in and out was fast and easy. I hope to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Not a lot of restaurants close by. Plan on driving a few miles if you don't want to eat at the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you and your wife again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Clean rooms, good service at the desk, friendly staff throughout the hotel. The room maid, Joan Green, was especialy helpful. She has worked it the hotel for two yeas. She answered our questions and gave us extra tash bags without us asking. She helped us to feel we were at home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I will pass your comments to the noted staff member. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am a Platinum member and stay at numerous properties. Unfortunately, my experience was well short of my expectations for this brand. My room was not cleaned, the staff did not address other issues. Overall, I will not stay again. They have management issues. This should be a great property if managed well. Very poor customer service overall!

Stayed: March 2013

I would like to extend my deepest and sincere apologies, and regret the inconvenience that you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the inconvenience. I hope that this experience will not deter you from your continued business association with us and the Marriott/Renaissance family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Barclay Downs
Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe

Been to Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!