“Great Place to Stay”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #58 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Clean rooms, good service at the desk, friendly staff throughout the hotel. The room maid, Joan Green, was especialy helpful. She has worked it the hotel for two yeas. She answered our questions and gave us extra tash bags without us asking. She helped us to feel we were at home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I will pass your comments to the noted staff member. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am a Platinum member and stay at numerous properties. Unfortunately, my experience was well short of my expectations for this brand. My room was not cleaned, the staff did not address other issues. Overall, I will not stay again. They have management issues. This should be a great property if managed well. Very poor customer service overall!

Stayed: March 2013

I would like to extend my deepest and sincere apologies, and regret the inconvenience that you experienced at our hotel during your recent stay. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the inconvenience. I hope that this experience will not deter you from your continued business association with us and the Marriott/Renaissance family.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Come here for business several times a month. The Rooms are clean and spacious. The customer service is outstanding. The front desk people are polite, friendly and quick. The people at the bar are excellent, Kris and Emma. You will find them to be friendly and professional. The food at the bar is excellent. I will keep coming back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

As a business traveler when looking for a hotel we know that location, convenience and customer service is key, and we are happy you where able to find everything you needed. I will pass your comments to noted staff members. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are happy you have continued to choose our location.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great hotel I always enjoy my stay. Rooms are large and comfortable. The staff is always welcoming and usually remembers who we are. Emma and Kris always treat us well at the bar so be sure and pay them a visit.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again. Once again, thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business trip for two nights. Room was very clean and spacious. There was a mi up with my confirmation. I was supposed to get a King bet but had two doubles. It just meant my wife and I were able to sleep closer! Bed was comfortable, room had little living room at the beginning of the suite. There was a couch, chair, couple tables, a desk, and a tv in the living room. There was a sink, refrigerator, and microwave. In the bedroom were the two double beds, desk, dresser, chair, tv, and night stand. The bathroom was very clean and spacious.

The food was ok. Had breakfast both mornings, nothing fancy. Ate lunch there and again, nothing too spectacular.

The pool area and workout area were both in good condition.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and am looking forward to my next stay in August.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for a 2 night weekend get-away. Beautiful hotel. Open atrium design like an Embassy Suites. Stayed on the 8th floor in a corner room. It is down the hall a bit but offers two outside windows, one from the bedroom and one from the living room. Big bathroom. Breakfast buffet was good with many options including made to order omelettes. Bar area is nice with plenty of seating options to relax with a beverage. Staff was excellent. No worries from airport noise, we could see them but didn't hear them. Nice pool area and spacious outside patio. Free shuttle to the light rail station at Woodlawn.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room. Ask for a corner room if you want quiet and a different room layout from the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave Y

Rest and Relaxation is key while traveling, and we are happy that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay,and the service that our staff provided. We welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm not sure if Renaissance Suites is a new line of Mariott hotels? Never heard of them beofre. The hotel was very nice. It was obviuolsy, at one time, a Embassay Suites - you can tell as soon as you walk in. It's a step up from SpringHill and Residence Inn, so perhaps that's why it has the Renaissance logo.

The room was immaculate. It was your standard, one bedroom suite. Beds were very comfortable. Nice sheets and pillows, too.

Lobby is pretty. We hung out at the lobby bar for a while and the staff was very nice. We ended up eating in the restaurant, for dinner, becuase there really aren't any other close options for dining. The food was good, but the service was a little slow. It was not the server's fault. I don't think they normally get a dinner crowd (it was a Friday nght) and she was the only one working. She had three huge tables, plus us. We weren't in a hurry, fortunately.

Pool and the excercise room were both very clean. Pool towels were riduculously small, though. And thin - the type with the blue line thorough the middle.

Safe location and about a 10 minute drive, into the city (on a Saturday).

Would stay again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your visit to the Charlotte area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Barclay Downs
Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport

Been to Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!