“Average Near-Airport Hotel”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #58 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This is your average atrium-style hotel catering to the business traveler. I did not use many amenities, but I did appreciate the well equipped gym and having a suite to spread out in. Unfortunately, my room was dusty enough to keep me sneezing. The furniture was also dated. I would look for another hotel on my next visit to Charlotte, but I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and your concerns. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel was clean. Room very spacious. Bed very comfortable. Pillows clean and fluffy. All rooms open to the courtyard.

Wireless internet was available for a FEE. Considering the demographics of this hotel it would be nice to offer free wireless internet in each room rather than just the lobby. Overflow parking lot too dark at night.

• Stayed: February 2013

We appreciate your patronage, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our location. We welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your next visit to the Charlotte area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've been here for work a few times now and everytime the service gets better & better. Kristina & Emma treated me like a good friend the first tim they met me and everytime they greet me like I'm thier best friend. Last stay Kris was shorthanded and did a great job taking care of large groups of customers who had just arrived back at the hotel. Rooms are clean & comfortable but the overall service at this hotel is great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I will pass your comments to noted staff members. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. Thank you again for your patronage and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stay here once a year on a trip to see the same client. Every February, I am at this hotel.

The good:

Great staff - one of the best I have seen in hotels across the country. So friendly, so accommodating. Truly a great team!
Free airport shuttle
Clean
All rooms are suites
Excellent lounge for Marriott elite members on the top floor with a good, hot breakfast
Lobby bar makes a good dirty martini
Lots of outlets in the rooms
Comfortable bed
Big bathrooms
Excellent large screen HD televisions with good channel assortment
Nice meeting room space
Nice little convenience store, well stocked

The bad:
Room furnishings are getting a little tired and really need to be replaced. They aren't dirty - just really getting just plain worn out.
Internet EVERYWHERE has a fee. Not even free in the common areas, which is really unfortunate. They should at least provide it for free in their lobby.
No Coke products - this is a Marriott and you pretty much are out of luck for a Coke at a Marriott these days.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room. Location is somewhat secluded so there is no street noise. If yu wan...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelMommy1

Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to accommodate all of our guest a little better upon each visit. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and your concerns. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

staff was all very friendly and helpful. Quick & easy check-in; rooms were very comfortable. Very pleased with the food, especially for the buffet lunch & dinner that we had with our group. Mexican & Italian themes were great. Out other lunch was a sandwich buffet, which had a lot of variety -- much better than the bland cold-cut plate -- and had meal-worthy vegetarian options (not a concern for me, but appreciate having a non-meat option). I made a point to tell our conference organizers that I really enjoyed having our conference at this location (different than past couple years)!
Our stay was self-contained, but if you have access to a car, the hotel is near to some additional higher-end food chains & shopping. Airport shuttle was about a 10min ride -- easy enough.
Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Arrived today around 2:30 and got checked in quickly. It seemed to be slow this Sunday, but all was in order. I got on the 6th floor at the end of the hall and while seemed like a long walk I appreciate the quiet. Room was fresh and very clean, smelled very clean. I ordered room service, it arrived as quoted within 30 min. Bathroom very clean and no dust anywhere.
Great Job Renaissance Charlotte Airport! I wish I was spending more nights here. I relaxed, had a great salad from room service and watched the Grammys!

Room Tip: If you like quiet, away from any noise a room like 628 will be great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you were able to find that at our hotel during your recent stay. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great service throughout this Hotel. I am very comfortable in saying this is an elegant and clean Hotel that exceeded my expectations. The best thing about it was the "service with a smile". The bar restaurant area, was fun, and entertaining!! Especially Kris and Emma in the cocktail lounge in the middle of the Hotel. I have recommeded this particular Hotel to all of my associates, and relatives. They have shared my admiration. If you stay in Charlotte, you have to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the lasting impressions our staff members left you with. I will surely pass your comments to noted staff members. We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we are happy we were able to make your experience with us enjoyable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Barclay Downs
Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport

Been to Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!