Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
$309
$259
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsaveda productsthe concierge loungeoffice parkliving roomsuite hotelclub levelwet barbusiness parkbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetroom serviceairport shuttlebusiness tripnext morningshuttle servicesouthern hospitalityfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel Veteran's Day weekend of this year. The hotel appearance is nice, and our stay was good. In the morning, we did come across a small issue. Upon checkout, we brought that issue up to the check out agent (I believe her name was Feelisha). She was very helpful and provided outstanding service and was more than willing to correct the problem and make well on the situation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. I am happy to hear that your inconvenience was handled in a timely manner. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were flying from Phx to the US Virgin Island which meant an overnight stay in Charlotte. We picked the Renaissance Suites because of their airport shuttle and relatively close proximity to the airport. We arrived at the airport around 7:15 pm. I called the hotel to say we needed a shuttle and was told the shuttle would be at the airport to pick us up at 7:45. Maybe a little earlier. We waited and waited for the shuttle. It did not show. I called the hotel back at 7:50 and was told there was only one shuttle and he had to go somewhere else. Not good customer service to leave us standing at the airport.
The shuttle showed up about 15 minutes later and the driver showed concern about our long wait. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were offered complimentary breakfast the next day for our inconvenience. We were also upgraded to a suite which was a large and lovely room. It had a big conference/dining table with a large bath.
We ordered room service for dinner. I ordered the veggie sandwich that was supposed to come with balsamic onions. The onions were missing. My husband's chicken sandwich also had balsamic onions that actually made their way onto his sandwich and he shared with me. It made the veggie sandwich delicious. Too bad the kitchen did not make the sandwich correctly. I appreciate the hotel offering vegetarian options.
Overall a good stay with a clean room and good service. They need to work on fixing the couple hiccups we experienced.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the inconvenience experienced. We will look into this with the appropriate department (s), and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I will continue to stay here from now on, as I am often in the area. Had the choice of several hotels in the area, and I have stayed at most of them. Luckily, this time we chose this one. Although our room was not ready, we got there early, they made us feel comfortable and welcome. Brought us water while we waited in a comfortable area. Brought our room keys when it was ready and apologized for any inconvenience. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. The room was clean, bright, well maintained and perfect. It is across from the mall which is an added benefit. The area it quiet, as was our room. The bed was amazingly comfortable. It was hard to wake up, it felt so good. I have no idea why others rated this anything but excellent. As a seasoned traveler, my advise, stay here!

Room Tip: As with most hotels, high floors offer better views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you where able to find that at our hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are happy you have continued to choose our location. Once again,thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here because a friend got married in the hotel. The guest rooms are huge and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. They have aveda products in the bathroom. You'll want to take them back with you. You get a lot for relatively little money. They do charge for WiFi, but you can get it free in the lobby. My room picked up the lobby WiFi, so I basically got it for free. I didn't use the pool, spa, or fitness center, but they looked nice. The conference area was nicely decorated too. I would definitely recommend staying here if you need a hotel close to the airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport. The staff was friendly. They only downside was that the nearest Starbucks is a 10 minute drive away. There's also not a lot of restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor to near the lobby to pick up the lobby WiFi signal.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I didn't actually stay at the hotel, however, we had a banquet breakfast there recently. The hotel entry was nice and it is close to the airport. The bathroom amenities were pleasant and spacious.
The carpet was a little worn looking and needed a good cleaning. The serving staff was impeccable in appearance and friendly.
I was expecting more when it came to the quality of the food. The fruit cup with a cream topping was delicious. The danish rolls were apparently from a box and not made on the premises. The scrambled eggs, I don't believe were real and had a scant amount of melted cheese on top.
A tiny "baked" tomato with seasoned crumbs were o.k., but didn't have much flavor. I don't eat meat, so I cannot comment on the bacon.
This venue would not be my first choice for another gathering, based on the substandard food quality. IE: Wedding, party or any other banquet options.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate your patronage, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our location.