“Service above & beyond”

Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
Ranked #44 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 13, 2012

First, some background. After checking our for an early-morning meeting, I needed to return my rental car, shuttle to the airport and then back to Renaissance to connect with a colleague for a late-morning meeting. The narrow window of time boosted my stress, but before leaving the hotel in the morning, I asked the staff about the shuttle schedule and they suggested I call the hotel close to pick-up time to make sure to connect with the shuttle at the airport. That's what I did when I got to the rental car agency before grabbing their shuttle over to the airport.

This is the point at which the Renaissance staff began to really shine. When I called to make the connection, the staff person put me on hold while she was on the comm with the shuttle driver and then came back to me to say that I could just stay at the rental agency where the shuttle would come to to pick me up. Wow! They cut a step out of the process for me! Maybe Renaissance does this regularly, but I wasn't expecting it. I waited a few minutes and then Ebony, the shuttle driver, arrived, took care of my luggage and got me settled in. And there was time to spare to get back to the hotel for my next appointment. (When more guests arrived at the airport, Ebony apologized to me that there would be a bit of a delay and headed back into the airport to collect the others too.) She was very at ease, not rattled, did one thing at a time, and made me feel like I was in the good care of the hotel. I got back to the hotel with time to spare, relaxed in the lobby while I waited for my colleague, and was amazed at such customized service. Kudos to the staff person on the phone who got this whole chain of events going, and thanks to Ebony! This kind of thing doesn't just happen on its own, so the Renaissance management are doing a good job to cultivate customer-service values, but also hiring employees who do their job well AND are personally committed to improving this guest's experience. (And all the other parts of my Renaissance experience was excellent too.)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the our hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the recent experience you had with our staff and the service provided. Guest satisfaction is key to our industry and I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. Once again, thank you for selecting our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I was on a business trip and needed a full service hotel that would also be comfortable for a few hours of work before my business meeting. I was very pleased with this Renaissance. It's modern with quality ammenities and is close to the airport. Airport hotels in Charlotte can be hit-or-miss so its good to know that this is high quality. It is large with spacious rooms and a very comfortable concierge lounge.

Room Tip: I was fortunate to get upgraded to a suite because of my Marriott Rewards status. Very spacious and...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Two nights at this hotel for business in Jan. 2012. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Very clean and large two room suites. Good room service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

As a business traveler, when looking for a hotel we know that location and convenience is key, and we are happy you where able to find everything you needed. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thank you for selecting our hotel!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Recent stay at this hotel was a surprise. The rooms were large with many added amenities and comfortable. The bed was restful and spacious. TVs were large with one in bedroom and one in sitting area. Bathroom was clean and large. We arrived late because of a flight delay and the staff was excellent and quick. The checkout experience was also pleasant and the staff very accomodating. The only negative was that the hotel was a bit hard to locate but that may have been a GPS problem from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to improve in areas of concern. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning and end of a trip to DC. We left our car in the hotel parking lot and took the shuttle to and from the airport. We spent two nights at the hotel.

The hotel is in a business park and is a handsome building with nicely landscaped grounds. Check in was effortless and friendly. Our suite was roomy, clean and comfortable. We heard a bit of noise from the room next door but it ended after only a few minutes.

We did not eat in the restaurant but did have a drink in the lobby bar. Very nice experience, sitting in the atrium lobby sipping a drink and enjoying the company of your fellow traveller.

The only problems we encountered was a bedroom TV that did not work our first night and no soap the other night. In both cases the problems were quickly remedied.

• Stayed: December 2011
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to improve on how we can accommodate all of our guest a little better upon each visit. I am happy to hear that your inconvenience was rectified in a timely manner. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Twice during the past 18 months my family and I stayed at this hotel. The first time we checked in around 11 pm and the second time it was near 6 pm. Both times, the check-in was courteous and efficient (no more than 10 minutes each time). We love the hotel rooms here as they are spacious and clean. Plenty of room for a pack-n-play. The bathroom was well appropriated and had the curved shower rod. The shower head was okay ... nothing great, nothing bad ... mounted higher for the taller guests. The maid service was superb both times, not seen, but the rooms cleaned. Cannot comment too much about the location since we had our personal vehicle and since we were visiting, we seldom ate or did activities local to the hotel. It is easy to get downtown from the hotel. We really like this hotel and when possible, this is our first choice when we visit Charlotte.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
MSchwantner, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel. We appreciate your patronage, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again during your visit to the Charlotte area.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed 3 months at this hotel on business.

As a platinum status member, being on club level and having a good concierge lounge is important.

I love the rooms. They are like new, well maintained, clean, and large. The lobby is big and decor is modern. Overall, this is my hotel of choice in this area if the price is right, and it was.

The downside was concierge lounge. The hot food was useless for all 3 months. They never had anything I liked but the cheese and crackers, and the dessert. When they put the aged cheddar out, my weight becomes an issue. Great cheeses! But lousy hot food, and the lady was not friendly to me for all 3 months. You would think that after 3 months, she would go out of her way to be nice. She was usually watching TV and was too busy. In contrast, the morning staff in the concierge lounge were very friendly, and the food there was as expected.

If they cleaned up their act on the night time concierge lounge, I would give them 5 stars.

The front clerk staff is friendly and professional. The one Asian room service lady was awesome. She was very nice and I looked forward to seeing her. Room service food is good but nor great. Fish is always fresh and tastes great. They can also prepare it the way you want, not just what the menu says.

Room Tip: Club level corner room, or any corner room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business