“Very nice staff and accomodating rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
Ranked #25 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Very nice staff and accomodating rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Planned a family trip to Carowinds area for the weekend. Booked this hotel through priceline for a great price. Very nice staff, modernized rooms, about 15 mins to Carowinds and about 5 minutes or so from Billy Graham Library. Rooms were very spacious and beds were comfortable. Read a couple reviews on how great the breakfasts were, but for me it was just a notch above a continental, with your typical bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, and they made some open faced edibles with egg, muenster cheese, and ham. No eggs, sausage, or bacon other than this, but they did have the small triangular waffles one morning. Friendly staff definately made the experience worthwhile and I would definately return. It was my first stay with the Hyatt chain and I would definately return. There is one restaurant in the parking lot within walking distance, a restaurant and sports bar, Jocks & Jills, and they had some pretty good hamburgers. Kids and wife loved it. Reasonably priced and would definately stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jason9111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Super clean especially the bathroom! Very modern!free breakfast is okay! Staff very helpful and friendly! Pool was closed because if weather! The location is about 15-20 minutes from carowinds park! And 35 from Dave and busters !

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lori2424
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hyatt Place City Park in Charlotte is a great business hotel. Nice TV, comfortable furnishings, free wifi, free parking. In addition it has the best breakfast among hotels in it's class and definitely the best complementary breakfast I've ever had at a hotel in the United States. Great place and will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TitanShane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were at this hotel this past Friday night and have stayed there before. The staff is extremely friendly and the hotel is very clean. We checked in and 2 hours later had a death in the family and had to leave. I spoke to the front desk staff who were very sympathetic and offered a refund right away. I was extremely relieved to know that our money was not wasted. I would highly recommend staying there as the hotel is great and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in town for a wedding and needed a hotel close to the wedding venue. The price and location is what caught my attention. This hotel says it is close to the airport, however I did not hear any air traffic noise. It was late when I checked in, so there are not any close stores. There is a restaurant that sits across from the property.
Ok, so my first impression walking into the door was this is okay. However when I got into the room I was very impresses. Large sitting area, with desk and wetbar that is somewhat separate from the bed. Decor is lovely, very relaxing. Closet space is limited if you are staying for an extended period of time, however ample for just one person. The shower was amazing! NIce and quiet in the halls, could not hear neighbors at all.

A few things I wanted to point out. Order a cookie, or two, or three, but ask for them fresh out of the oven, not heated(although they are still good and soft like this), fresh is always best... they were the bomb.com. I dont care if you are on a diet, this is worth the cheat day.(just have one) I became immediately addicted. The lady (didnt catch your name)on 3rd shift was nice, thanks!
I did not stay for the breakfast that is included, but did take a peek, looked sufficient.
The bed was comfy, however the air conditioning unit was a bit loud, I had a hard time getting to sleep, because it was so quiet in the hotel, and that was the only thing that I could hear. If you have the tv on to fall asleep then that should help drown out the noise, however I was on a TV diet so I did not turn it on.

Overall my stay was great and parking was ample. Thanks Hyatt. Always a great experience, however you should limit the amount of cookies your guest can get...:)

Room Tip: get fresh cookies made when you order them, they are worth the wait.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lovelife2010
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for pleasure during CIAA weekend. I chose this hotel as we booked last minute and all the hotels in city center were either booked or beyond our budget. Luck for us this hotel was a quick drive to the city. I was pleasantly surprised upon checkin. The hotel staff was very friendly. I checked in with no wait, and the girl at the front desk immediately offered to show me all the accommodations. One of my party members became ill and the overnight clerk was very helpful in helping us get medication and food(I like you can order food late at night and it was excellent). The room was nice and clean. The only complaint I have is around the complimentary breakfast. Staying at other Hyatt hotels I expected a better variety of options. Unfortunately the options were quite limited(mostly bagels, frozen pancakes, oatmeal and cereal)and I ended up eating fruit in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed for business. The accommodations were very clean and the front desk staff was ALWAYS helpful and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Closets were small. Breakfast was complimentary but a bit limited (I found myself choosing a bagel and cream cheese every morning). For the space they had, it was well used.
I had no problem with the internet in the room or in the lobby. There were only 2 computers but I never had to wait. I would go back if work brought me there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business