The VanLandingham Estate
Charlotte Inn(Charlotte)
  • Bar/Lounge
Value Lodge(Charlotte)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarriage housemagnolia roomfollowing morningchain hotelenjoyed our staywould stay againfireplaceaccommodationsdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Friendly staff. Very accommodating. Complimentary beverages. Delicious breakfast. Beautiful grounds. A great night away!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ferret2220
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I tried to book one of my clients at The Morehead Inn, which is where I usually put my out of town guests. Turns out, they are somehow affiliated with this Estate. Anyway, they were full and sent me to the VanLandingham Estate. My client was thrilled with his visit and couldn't stop talking about how relaxed he felt and how beautiful the place was. He kept saying that from now on, he was going to stay in historic inns when he traveled, rather than hotels.

While I didn't personally stay there, I can tell you that the first thing that strikes you upon arrival is the massive and beautiful gardens and grounds surrounding the buildings. I just couldn't believe something like that was located right in the middle of Charlotte.

I will be placing my clients there from here on out.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank muchtodo
Reviewed January 25, 2009

We tried to visit the property for my daughter's wedding but the staff was totally uncooperative in showing the property and discussing its services. It is hard to understand how people could be so rude in a service industry such as a hotel. We ended up at a different location.

Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank PGML
Billy M, General Manager at The VanLandingham Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

We're sorry that you weren't able to book with us. Our staff certainly tries to accommodate everyone possible. Our notes indicate that your event, for a variety of reasons, wasn't a good fit for our unique location. If it seemed like our staff was uncooperative, that was certainly not our intent and we apologize that it appeared that way.

Reviewed July 13, 2008

We booked by phone, indicating that we wanted a room that would accommodate us and our granddaughter. We received an email confirmation with a price listed. We arrived after check in time, but no one appeared at the front desk for 10 minutes. When the attendant got there, she told us we owed an extra $20 for our granddaughter. When we tried to use the toilet, we found it was broken -- missing a part in the innards. The handyman had "gone for the day" so the staff put us in other rooms. The rooms were only so-so and the breakfast was nothing special. Not at all what I had expected for nearly $300.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 16, 2008

My sister and I booked a one night stay at this charming inn and were extremely pleased with the accommodations! We stayed in the Redwood room, which had a queen size bed, two leather couches and an armchair, a microwave, mini-fridge, bathroom, and cable television. It was cozy and much more roomy than I would have expected, given the very affordable price we paid ($109 + tax). All of their rooms have Wi-Fi available, however we found the signal to be a bit weak. We mentioned this to the staff, who happily provided us with an ethernet cable to connect to their network and we had no further problems.

The breakfast was excellent. We were offered several menu choices and went with their 'From the Griddle' selection which included French toast, bacon, fresh fruit, orange juice, and coffee. The staff was very friendly, and seemed genuinely pleased to have us stay with them. When we asked if we could photograph the grounds (which were quite beautiful), they were more than happy to oblige. We will definitely be staying there again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sunnysideup79