We had a wedding scheduled for the last day of Aug. 2013. Several ground keeping items were not done as promised we had to ask several times. Jackee was nice an helped a lot but was hard to find and didn't really seem interested in the event. The staff did not arrive until 3pm to start setting up and did not have enough chairs for the wedding party that was agreed upon. It did rain so the wedding had to be moved inside which was standing room only which sucked big time. Overall the location is beautiful but the experience is not worth it ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The VanLandingham Estate is a beautiful place to rest your soul, host spectacular events for weddings or rehearsal dinners or gather for productive business meetings, seminars or retreats. The Estate welcomes guests with its unique combination of warm hospitality, grace, subtle southern elegance and fine foods. Our Historic Inn is located in Plaza Midwood just minutes from Uptown Charlotte, The Estate includes the Harwood Home, a distinctive California bungalow-style estate.Excite your senses with a stroll on our magnificent five acres of grounds, the oldest premier gardens in Mecklenburg County. Or escape to a private nook in the Carriage House. Considered one of the finest hotels in Charlotte, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Historic estate has lodging rooms and accommodations available year round for leisure, lodging, private business meetings, picnics from two to twenty and social events. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Vanlandingham Estate Charlotte
- Vanlandingham Estate Hotel Charlotte
- The Van Landingham Estate