“First time and won't be our last.”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Second Ward
Cross street: South College
Transit: The Light-Rail stops at the "Epicentre", the stop is called: Arena & Transportation depot.
Description: Fleming's Charlotte, NC is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at the new Epicentre in Uptown Charlotte, close to Dilworth, South Park, and Charlotte Airport.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I took my wife to Flemings for Valentines day. I had a 9pm reservation and they sat us at 8:45 when we arrived. Everything about our experience was great. I had Filet with Mac and Cheese. And my wife had Tuna. Both were as good as any other restaurant we have eaten at. Our waiter was to be as expected at a restaurant of this caliber. To top off the night my wife received a small box of chocolates from the waiter. That was extra special.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I took my wife and daughter for Valentine's Day. We were seated quickly and were waiting on very quickly. Everything slowed down from there. I'm not sure if the waiter had too many big parties but we rarely saw him after getting our orders. They brought the appetizer but forgot to bring our salads. We waited forever in between. I had the dry aged strip steak, second most expensive on the menu, and I ordered it medium rare. It was overcooked the first time and cold in the center on the second try. Being that they are a steakhouse I assumed they knew how to cook a steak. I'm not sure if it was tasty or not as I was tired of waiting. They offered a dessert for the trouble. At least that was good. If only it hadn't taken 15 minutes to get a cup of coffee to go with it. Very disappointed.

3  Thank Joe W
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fleming's in Uptown Charlotte was a great place to be on New Year's Eve. Restaurant was in the holiday spirit with excellent food and special menu. Crowd was mostly dressed to the nines, staff and chef were doing a great job. It is Charlotte's best Uptown steak house.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

They advertised a special New Year's Eve menu priced at 70 or 80 per person, and included dessert in the ad, but the dessert was extra. Good food and good service but price is very high. They do have good gluten-free options, and they allowed me to bring in my own roll, because they do not have gluten-free bread.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The steaks, wine and service are all very good. My biggest problem with Fleming's is that it's clearly geared towards an expense account situation. Don't get me wrong, the steaks are good. Service was very good and the manager does a nice job recognizing you by name. Although, our appetizer took forever to come out and made the rest of the meal feel rushed.
I think you're better off going to other steakhouses with slightly lower price points (Palm comes to mind) and save a few bucks. My overall bill wasn't bad, but that's due to an Amex promo that gave me $40 off. A steak here is going to run you close to $50. Of course, if you're on business and using an expense account then I'd go for it. I was impressed by wine selection and the "wine-pad" gimmick. We had a great bottle...
Valet is a little tricky, you use the Epicenter valet and they'll validate.
One piece of advice about dessert. I'm sure Fleming's is good but I say, walk up one block to Bar Cocoa inside the Ritz Carlton.