“Great Steak - Perfectly Cooked”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 2,466 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Second Ward
Cross street: South College
Transit: The Light-Rail stops at the "Epicentre", the stop is called: Arena & Transportation depot.
Description: Fleming's Charlotte, NC is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at the new Epicentre in Uptown Charlotte, close to Dilworth, South Park, and Charlotte Airport.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

With a flight arriving late evening into Charlotte, we rushed down town, with it being nearly 11pm, and having never visited Charlotte previously we were unsure where to go for a good meal. After asking a policeman who looked like he enjoyed food where’s good to eat, Fleming’s was recommended.

Even though 11pm, there was problem, and we were shown to our table. Due to the time, and not so many customers, there were many staff preparing the tables for the next day, polishing glasses and cutlery – giving you a good feeling that that level of attention has been given to your own table.

The restaurant is beautifully presented, with smartly dressed, friendly waiters offering the wine list via an Ipad, and also a great understanding of the menu offerings, not just quoting you verbatim what you can already read yourself.

I chose the mushroom ravioli, and main filet mignon, cooked rare, with a side order fries. The steak was cooked to perfection and well seasoned.

It’s not a cheap place to eat, but the quality and presentation of food makes it worthwhile.

1  Thank Meloquin

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I tried the Prime rib and I have tasted better at Outback. I was very disappointed in the taste and it lacked flavor. The cream corn which I love, was tasteless. My friend enjoyed the lobster tail,but did not give it a rave review.I was not impressed and have no reason to eat there again.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Walked in and seated right away. Had great wine and great entrees. The service was very outstanding. Our server was more than delightful to engage in conversation.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was Rest.Week & we expected to receive a meal for the price of $30pp.We were shocked to discover that our entree did not include ANY side dishes.All you get here is a piece of meat on a plate!We needed to buy any side dishes seperately!We purchased 2 sides of mashed pot.& 1 of green beans which was not even enought for a party of 4 to share, for an extra $27.40!This is not listed on the online RestWeek menu.Many people visit during RestWeek because they can not otherwise afford a higher end rest.Not disclosing that an extra amount needs to be spent for a complete 2nd course is deceptive. NEVER have I been to any rest.that did not include side dishes w/their RestWeek menu and I have been to restaurants that are far more upscale than this! In addition, the service we received was neglectful at best. When I spend over $200 for a meal for 4 I expect not to have an empty glass at my place throughout the entire meal.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The staff is patient, helpful and attentive. The suggestions made by our waiter were accurate. Great place for special occasion an with friends.