“Chima in Charlotte. Good Experience.”
Review of Chima Steakhouse

Chima Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: On the Light Rail, get off on 3rd and Convention Center, then Chima is 2 blocks away.
Description: Located in beautiful Center City Charlotte on 4th and Tryon, just a few blocks from Belk Theater, Over street Mall and the Bobcats Arena.Chima offers authentic Brazilian cuisine and chic dining experience. Enjoy appetizers and cocktails and the best view of Uptown Charlotte in our elegant upstairs lounge. Private rooms available for up to 150 guests
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I chose to go to Chima to celebrate our wedding anniversary because we wanted something different. It was to celebrate a memorable day in our life and we wanted to be with our family and friends. We had heard good things about this place so we decided to try it, and we were not disappointed; in fact, it was a good gastronomic experience, maybe not the best one of our lives but still pretty good. First, everyone ordered some cocktails. All of them were delicious. Then, the waitress brought some tasty, crusty, and freshly baked bread, which was very good according to my husband. I enjoyed the salad, every vegetable was fresh. Finally, the main courses. The meat was very well cooked, soft and tender. However, the taste was not what we imagine it will be, just good enough. Still it may be worth a second visit.

1  Thank claires262
Chimasteakhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Chima Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Hi,

I would like to thank you very much for your recent visit to Chima, and the privilege of having you and your family celebrating your special occasion with us.
Also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience.
Chima has a commitment to give all the guests one-of-a-kind experience, and your opinion to improve our service is very important!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is without a doubt the best Brazilian BBQ we have been to, they have a very large selection of meats and all were cooked perfect. First one that we've been to that will actually ask how you want it, med rare, med, well etc. the place is 2 stories, we were placed on the 2nd floor they call there private room and were worried we would be forgotten about. Well that wasn't the case at all, as soon as we turned that thing over to give me meat it was a parade of meat to my plate, we actually had to temporarily turn it to stop as our plates were getting full. Highly recommend

1  Thank Thomas C

Hi,

I would like to thank you very much for your recent visit to Chima.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went with my husband and kids and it was delicious. Kids loved that they did not have to wait to eat. Great way to try new meats. Will go back again.

1  Thank Tfossum

Hi,

I would like to thank you very much for your recent visit to Chima, and the privilege of having you and your family spending quality time with us.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I are repeat customers here. Friendly service. Carnivore's heaven. They quickly learned that he preferred his meat rare. I usually stick with the salad bar items, myself. Pricey for just that but still a great selection of items although perhaps not as much as Texas de Brazil. Free valet parking service which is helpful downtown.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Buffet is superb and well stocked with quality food. Meats are excellent and there is a good variety. On downside is that it is expensive