“The best Brazilian restaurant i have been to. The salad bar is big with many choices. The meat was plentiful with”
Review of Chima Steakhouse

Chima Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 2,685 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: On the Light Rail, get off on 3rd and Convention Center, then Chima is 2 blocks away.
Description: Chima Steakhouse named after chimarrao, a traditional drink of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, that symbolizes hospitality and friendship-certainly lives up to its name. Legend has it, in South Brazil traditional gauchos (cowboys) would consume a diet that consisted almost entirely of beef. The meat was seasoned, placed on skewers, and slow cooked over a wood burning flame. Historically, gauchos were known for their generosity and hospitality.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

delivery always taking place. Service has been good (sometimes need to even slow them dowm bringing meat). Good place to overdose on good meat.

1  Thank TODD H

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Cute and delicious! The bar is great too! Looking for cute hole-in-the-walls to dine in. The whole cookie cutter restaurant thing is just getting out of hand.

1  Thank Rose H
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I just think the food need more flavor I mean less salt and more spice the beans is kind not flavor even when was 15 years old i do better this beans. the price is ok to go sometimes

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My daughter is a carnivore and so for her first night in Charlotte there would be nowhere other than Chima after it had been described to me. The description was accurate and I can retell it in my own words. It is a large, well lit restaurant which looks good. As soon as you walk in there is a good feeling which only improves once the staff start welcoming you and explaining the process. Finally comes the food. Meat,meat and more delicious meat. What surprised me was that they asked how we liked it cooked and would cut from a different part of their skewers to suit. There was also an extensive wine list. We had a great time.

1  Thank AJMacD
Reviewed August 28, 2012

In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit that I'm a typical NYC food snob. Stuck in Charlotte for the night because of a cancelled flight, my boyfriend and I (We eat out 2-4 times a week) got advice from a cab driver that this place was phenomenal. We were skeptical. It was definitely more swanky than we expected and aside from the salad bar (We can all agree, a buffet in ANY establishment totally brings down the atmosphere and decor from posh to Golden Corral.) I was impressed with the lighting, tables, etc.

If you've never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, here's the skinny. (soon to be morbidly obese) You get a little 'token' one side black one side orange. When you want the wandering meat servers to stop by your table and offer their selection, you leave the 'token' orange/go side up. When you can no longer see the white of your plate through copious amounts of meat, you turn it over to black to signal 'no more'. Pretty simple. A quick warning, your eyes are SO much bigger than your stomach.

We had wine and Brazilian beer, both of which we were totally happy with and got minimal sides at the salad bar. We were on a mission, and it was protein poisoning. Everything was perfect. Every piece of meat that I had (Only red meat) Was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Our waitress and her trainee were attentive and helpful.

Coming from Manhattan, I automatically drop my standards and expect mediocre service and food when I eat anywhere outside of the city and I was totally surprised at how excellent everything was. Every employee we came in contact with was polite, knowledgeable and helpful. I absolutely recommend Chima to anyone who loves food and doubly recommend it to anyone who has a morbid fascination with trying to eat their body weight in steak.

1  Thank TPA1592

Been to Chima Steakhouse? Share your experiences!