“Sunday brunch”
Review of Ilios Noche

Ilios Noche
Reserve with OpenTable
Ilios Noche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I hadn't been to Ilios Noche since they renovated, but my fella and I decided to go for Sunday brunch. Their Facebook page, Open Table reservations and Google search page all said they opened at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, but their website and the brunch menu on their website said 10:00 a.m. We got there at 10 a.m. on Sunday, and the hours on the outside of the restaurant said they opened at 11:00. We called from the parking lot to ask what time they really opened, and it took the girl who answered a few minutes to confirm that they did, in fact, open at 10:00. No wonder we were the only people in there!

Besides that bit of confusion, the breakfast was great. I loved the new decor; it looks completely different! The reds, oranges and browns/grays made it feel much cozier than before. We both got the Ilios breakfast, but I got scrambled eggs and bacon whereas fella got over-well eggs and grilled sausage. The sausage was almost like a brat - thick and a little spicy. He loved it, but it was just a smidgen spicy for me for breakfast (but I'm a wimp). He also loved the fresh-squeezed orange juice; talk about going above and beyond! The breakfast potatoes were out of this world with onions, peppers and garlic. The panzino toast was uneventful; some jam would've helped, but it was pretty bland on its own.

Ilios Noche is a little out of the way for us, but after we got home I read that another location is opening in Quail Corners this spring, which will be much closer to us. I (and my stomach) can't wait!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have had dinner here a number of times. The food is generally very good, portions do tend to be on the smaller side, depending on what you order.
Servers are typically very busy and on more than one occasion I've had to ask about my order.
Mgmt is very hands on and they go out of their way to make your experience a pleasant one.
The ambiance is top-notch!

1  Thank LR9
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is south Charlotte, not NYC. Food is great, portions small and pricey. Value is not there...to keep the price, they should make it a meal and include something green...four entrees and no one had a veggie at the table! Disappointing and won't be back.

1  Thank Elmcityboy
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had reservations and still had to wait 45 mins, but it was Friday in December. The hostess had a bit of an attitude and the staff needs to manage tables better, but the manager kept talking with us and brought a free appetizer trying to make it better. Once we were seated, the cocktails, appetizers and entrees were all spot on. There were several minor service issues, but our waiter had a great personality and seemed to roll with the weird dynamic of the crowd and staff that night. Would go back if in the area again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This has been a favorite of mine for years, but after today's visit, my third since the renovation, I'm taking a break from Ilios, hoping for better things to come.

The first poor visit was during the renovation. My sister and I stopped by for lunch, but as we waited on the hostess (she was outside with some of the other staff) we quickly changed our minds due to the smell (industrial solvent, no wonder staff was outside). The hostess came in to attend to us, and apologized for the layer of dust on the tables--she said she'd wiped them off three times already but they clearly need attention again. What would our food have been like? We couldn't believe they were still serving and excused ourselves.

The second visit was much like today: the wait staff was unprofessional and the food was disappointing. The tzatziki is still good, the mesclun salad, fine, but the entrees have been lacking. Today, our salads were delivered 30 seconds ahead of our pasta entree, which after we complained, our server offered to take back to "keep it warm." My sister watched as the pasta continued to age under a heat lamp while we ate our salads, until finally the manager apparently asked staff what was going on and told them to try again. When we did receive the fresh entree (cheese ravioli with mushrooms) it was so painfully bland that we asked for salt and pepper (though pepper had no place in this dish). We were not allowed to touch the pepper mill, but the salt was left on the table and we used it generously. It still wasn't worth the calories and we left 80% of it sit. Sad, sad, sad.

And all the while the wait staff congregated in little groups, more interested in each other than in serving customers. (One gave a few female members backrubs as he spoke to them...in the middle of the restaurant? Really?)

This used to be my go-to, but not anymore, and it really does make me a bit sad.