“topnotch service, excellent food”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 2,367 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Across from SouthPark Mall
Description: Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. As founder Ruth Fertel used to say, "If you've ever had a filet this good, welcome back." We take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a good time. So you won't find the stodgy, uptight attitude you might find at other steak houses. Our SouthPark location, created in the classic Southern style, features a spacious dining room and private dining areas. Surrounded by dark hardwoods and artisan tiling, you'll feel as if you're back in New Orleans. All beef is USDA Prime, prepared in 1800 degree broilers and served on 500 degree plates, and all accoutrements inspired by Ruth's New Orleans heritage. Let us know of any specific requests for an evening with that special someone, and we'll take care of the details. Life's too short to eat anywhere else.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“topnotch service, excellent food”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Went for restaurant week. Ordered from special menu, good choices, nice portions. Tenderloin were moist, perfect temperature perfect, could almost cut with my fork. Shrimp side was good, but small for the price. Service was exceptional, from greeting, to servers and our server, Ryan was quite exceptional.

• Visited July 2014

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Sad but true”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

For my husband Jim and I trying to decide where to go for a great steak in Charlotte has become a true pain. While Ruth's Chris was a standard for many years the quality of everything in last nights experience was once again the reason we just prefer to prepare food at home. It was a toss up between 2 old standby's The Palm and Ruth's Chris on Fairview. We like the cozy bar at Ruth's where the 2 tables with the TV are so we decided to head out and give it a try since it had been a while since we had been there. I made reservations for our favorite area at 7:45. The table was ready but to our dismay the TV nor my our battery operated candle for ambience worked. When I asked Nate our server for a candle that worked and a possible update on the TV I never got either.

I am not sure what has happened to the menu since the last time we ate here but everything we ordered seemed to have gone down hill. The Ahi Tuna presentation was not the same as before and the flavor was over powered by a heavy teriyaki sauce that the fish was just laying in cut sideways served with a pile of ginger, onions, and peppers. Not good at all. I managed to fish out the tuna and wipe the sauce off and eat the thin sliced over seared fish. Like I said, not good.

Next my simple order of crab cakes and sautéed spinach had been a standard and I did not want to venture off the beaten path....I should have....:( The crab cakes came out tiny, flat with no presentation or color and the simple spinach dish was running in first place for the most lack of flavor of anything served so far which has always been my favorite thing as a side that they serve. The bowl was full of water and who ever prepared it forgot the most important seasoning that has gone in that dish for years! The garlic! We ordered 2 drinks which took 10 minutes or more to arrive due to the fact that the bar tenders were making 10-15 drinks at a time and letting our drinks just sit without delivery just getting watered down. I finally had enough of the whole bad experience and asked for the manager to come over. She of course did what most managers do listen to the complaints, ask what she could bring me out to make me happy, which I stated.....what I ordered. So again we wait for another plate of crab cakes and spinach, a fresh drink and A BATTERY OPERATED CANDLE for AMBIENCE like the table next to us...still no TV. Jim had ordered the rib eye and fries. He NEVER ventures off the path and always orders it Med Rare. It came out Medium. He did not ask for a reorder. What was happening here was that every single thing was falling apart. And here is the kicker....the excuse was that with the rain....everyone came in at the same time. Oh dear Lord. Could we really get to the heart of the matter! Rain has not a darn thing to do with presentation, flavor and service. In the end we were asked to have our meal complimented to us which I found to be disturbing as I had come preparing to pay for a delicious meal with no problems. I write reviews for one reason, to share a great experience and to spare others from having a bad one. Ruth's Chris is not what it use to be and I would not recommend it at this point here in Charlotte. I think giving some of the new places that are opening up a try would be a better bet or for the real deal just head on over to the old standby...The Beef and Bottle on South Blvd.

Oh and one last thing. Watching a server constantly buddy up with tables and give extra service and then slack service to others is just not fair. Nate needs a few lessons in quality of serving everyone the same.

3 Thank candi A
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Birthday Steaks”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I took my boyfriend to Ruth's Chris for his birthday on June 19th. The restaurant staff was very friendly and wished him a happy birthday at the hostess stand and at the table. We were impressed right away with our server, Ben. He was professional, informative, and his timing on everything was PERFECT. The food was mouthwatering! I couldn’t believe how great my filet was! My boyfriend ordered the Ribeye and couldn’t get over how perfect it was cooked. Ben had our loaded potato split and every bite was delicious. We decided not to order a dessert but Ben brought us a small cupcake with a candle on it.  Thank you for such a great experience.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Delicious steak! (And BUTTER!)”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We went on Father's Day as a special treat and we each got a steak and the kids got chicken tenders and fries (which aren't on the menu but are offered if you ask). My husbands ribeye was a little over cooked, but my filet was absolute perfection! The complementary bread was delicious and the whipped butter that came with it was so salty and creamy, I even asked to take some home in my take-home box! The atmosphere was very fancy and mostly for adults for sure.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Friendly Steak House”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a special birthday party last night at Ruth's Chris. It could have been a local bar with all of the friendliness we experienced. Yes, we had the 20' ceilings and the glitz of a normal Ruth's Chris but the friendliness of Nate and Kristy and the two receptionists was exceptional. The steak was great, as always, and they accommodated my wife's need for gluten free sweet potatoes but in addition they went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We don't always see that at a chain restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!