“Over Rated but worth of trying!!!!!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 2,404 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Across from SouthPark Mall
Description: Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. As founder Ruth Fertel used to say, "If you've ever had a filet this good, welcome back." We take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a good time. So you won't find the stodgy, uptight attitude you might find at other steak houses. Our SouthPark location, created in the classic Southern style, features a spacious dining room and private dining areas. Surrounded by dark hardwoods and artisan tiling, you'll feel as if you're back in New Orleans. All beef is USDA Prime, prepared in 1800 degree broilers and served on 500 degree plates, and all accoutrements inspired by Ruth's New Orleans heritage. Let us know of any specific requests for an evening with that special someone, and we'll take care of the details. Life's too short to eat anywhere else.
Miami, Florida
“Over Rated but worth of trying!!!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I went to Ruth's Chris with my friends to try something different.The food is over rated and not that of quality except Steak. But it is worth to go and have good time.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MuranoG

Charlotte, NC
“Steak did not disappoint”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

A dear friend treated me to a birthday dinner at Ruth Chris. This was a far more expensive meal than I would have ever paid for. In addition, I had heard that it wasn't worth the money. My experience left me surprised and very pleased.Let me say that I am a huge steak fan, being a paleo adherent. I also cook a mean steak, and filet mignon is always my choice. I chose the petite fillet and added the wedge salad to complement it. I would rate the salad as average; nothing memorable. But the steak...ah yes! It was perfectly cooked to my specifications. The waitress, Kirsten, was excellent and she and I dialogued about just how done to cook the steak. She gave me the option of rare plus, because the steak arrives on a plate heated to 500 degrees, so it is still cooking. The chef could not have done a better job pinpointing the doneness! I loved the seasoning; not too salty but flavorful. My only complaint was that it was really a larger portion than I needed, but managed to finish it anyway. I skipped dessert, in keeping with my diet. The decaf coffee was ok, but the creamer seemed thin and was not perhaps true cream. The waitress brought us a complimentary side of mashed potatoes, so that was a nice gesture. In general, I was very pleased with the service and atmosphere. It's definitely an upscale restaurant that is high on service and professionalism. I felt very pleased with my birthday experience. My suggestion is that they consider offering beef that is grass fed for people who really want to be healthy. Now that would be awesome!

• Visited December 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Food and service were great!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was a wonderful meal!
M husband and I each had a drink which we did feel was overpriced at $14 each.
My husband had the chopped salad which he raved about! The presentation is unique for a salad!
I ordered a large lobster tail and it was excellent- huge!! The scalloped potatoes were also very good.
My husband had filet mignon and a huge baked potato which were also wonderful.
Because we were celebrating my birthday, I was given a personal chocolate cheesecake which was a nice addition!
Our server, Leah, was very good and we lacked nothing during the meal!
As it is pricey, we usually only dine at a Ruth Chris if we are on a vacation or have a celebration.

• Visited December 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“They NEVER Fail!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We try to go to Ruth's Chris in every City we visit. And they never fail to deliver a 5*, excellent, supreme meal!!! There were 6 of us, so we had a lot of food. The salads were cold and crisp, with yummy blue cheese! The steak were done to absolute perfection and sizzled as they arrived at our table. Our granddaughter had a lobster and shared with all of us, YUM! The vegetables were crisp and delicious and the mushrooms and spinach were flavorful and done to perfection. Most of us had dessert and everyone raved! Thank you again Ruth's Chris for another PERFECT MEAL! See you in Orlando next month!

• Visited November 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wow, it was really good...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our second time at a Ruth 's Chris in SouthPark. We had a party of 6. We started with the calamari which was OK, and probably the least impressive item of the evening. I ordered the filet which was cooked perfectly. My wife ordered the crab cake appetizer as her meal and with the side dishes, the serving size was perfect. She thought the crab cakes were fantastic as well. We ordered side dishes of sweet potato casserole (crazy good), asparagus and corn (both were good too, but the sweet potatoes really stole the show). We did not have room for dessert, but since it was my wife's birthday, the waiter brought us a complimentary chocolate cheesecake to go. For a party of 6, with 3 wines, our total bill was $301.00. Would we go back? Absolutely. I told my wife as we were leaving the steak was probably the best I've ever had. With the cost, it is not someplace we'll go every week, but certainy once in a while for special occasions.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!