“Wonderful Meal at Ruth's Chris in Charlotte”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 2,376 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Across from SouthPark Mall
Description: Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. As founder Ruth Fertel used to say, "If you've ever had a filet this good, welcome back." We take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a good time. So you won't find the stodgy, uptight attitude you might find at other steak houses. Our SouthPark location, created in the classic Southern style, features a spacious dining room and private dining areas. Surrounded by dark hardwoods and artisan tiling, you'll feel as if you're back in New Orleans. All beef is USDA Prime, prepared in 1800 degree broilers and served on 500 degree plates, and all accoutrements inspired by Ruth's New Orleans heritage. Let us know of any specific requests for an evening with that special someone, and we'll take care of the details. Life's too short to eat anywhere else.
Charlotte, NC
“Wonderful Meal at Ruth's Chris in Charlotte”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful meal at Ruth's Chris in Uptown Charlotte this past weekend. We began with cocktails in the bar and a delicious tuna appetizer. Followed by dinner in the dining room which consisted of lobster and a trio of petit filets, with a couple of side dishes. This meal was everything we were expecting and more. The service was attentive without being overbearing. The wine recommendation was spot on with our meal selections. We will definitely return, maybe for cocktails on the outdoor patio when the weather is a bit warmer.

Visited February 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Customer Service Defined”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We returned to the Southpark location during restaurant week, and were amazed to see just how well a team could handle the pressure. The owner Jeff is clearly very proud of what he has created, and he should be. The team that took care of us was Sarah, Noel, and Hunter. We felt like we were the only people in the restaurant. Oh by the way, the food was incredible also!

Due to the large crowds, our leftovers (which we asked to have boxed) were discarded. Without our asking, they replaced the leftovers with a full portion wrapped and ready to go. This was far beyond our expectations, but a good investment since we have shared this story with many of our friends who now plan to frequent this restaurant.

While the price point is a bit higher, you will leave knowing you got what you paid for. Enjoy!

Rock Hill
“South Park Ruth's Chris - great food, problem service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

During our 1/22/13 visit the food at Ruth's Chris was outstanding as always. However service was not. After we were asked if we would like wine with our dinner, and told the staff we did not, they immediately removed the wine glasses from our table. As she removed my glass she dropped it on the floor behind me. While the staff seemed quite concerned about the glass no one seemed concerned about me. Luckily I was wearing slacks and was not cut by the glass. Throughout our meal we had to ask at least 4 times for refills on water and iced tea. At the end of the meal as we ate our dessert our waiter brought our bills. Rather than walking around the table to hand me my bill he reached across the table and hit and glass of water that dumped in my lap. I was given a dry napkin and a dry napkin was placed on the table. No one asked if my clothers were dry clean only (which they were) As I left the front desk asked if everything had met our expectations. I said it had not and I was surprised I was not offered some compensation. They asked if I would like to speak to a manager, which I did. She was very nice, but indicated that they only offered compensation for food issues, not for service problems.
I went to the Ruth's Chris website to attempt to comment. I was able to complete their comment form, but never able to get it to submit to the restaurant.

NC
“Very pretty restaurant with professional staff.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Sat at the bar for a drink and then went to the dining room for dinner. I was very impressed with the staff, from the hostesses at the door, to the wait staff. All were friendly but very professional. Enjoyed the food. My wife had the filet and lobster and I had the NY strip. Enjoyed the shrimp cocktail a lot. Our waiter recommended the wine and it was an excellent choice. The setting is very nice.

You sort of need to valet as the parking close by is for the valet. I saw a garage a bit away but it was a rainy night.

Charlotte, NC
“Service has gone downhill”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited Ruth's Chris on a Saturday night at 8:00 p.m., and we should've known something was up when the place was half empty. We had a drink at the bar first; the bartender was nice but seemed a little overwhelmed and slow. Once we were seated, we waited forever for our server to come over. We were just about to get up and leave when he finally appeared. He then introduced himself and wanted to shake my fella's hand, which seemed odd especially considering we were about to eat.

We decided to fire it up a little and ordered a $100 half bottle of wine. The sommelier came over to open it, which was nice, but he said he got some cork in the bottle while he was opening it. He then came back with an already decanted bottle of wine. Now, we're no fancy pants wine tasters, and we have no idea if he indeed opened a new bottle of the same wine or just brought us some leftover Franzia. We ordered the BBQ shrimp appetizer, which was good, and the petite filets for dinner, which were also good.

This is the third time we've been in probably six months, and each time we keep hoping the service will get better, but no luck.

1 Thank Vandelay37