“Chic Downtown Hotel Fun and Fashionable”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #77 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Nashville, Tennessee
“Chic Downtown Hotel Fun and Fashionable”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I found Aloft online as I wanted something a little different. It was one block from the Bobcat Arena where we were attending a concert. VERY good location for downtown play with plenty of clubs and restaurants in the near vicinity. The Epicenter is actually a complex of clubs in the base of the hotel. Nice shops- CVS, Bagel place,Jason's Deli up to dance clubs , piano bars and fine dining. I wished we were staying longer!

Front desk was very accommodating when asked on check out time(it was Sunday) to make a plane flight . Much appreciated.

Fun in-hotel bar and lobby area, convenient valet service made a great visit. Only suggestion might be a pillow topper for the mattress for those of us that like soft beds. If you like firm it's perfect!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
new york
Reviewed February 20, 2010

This hotel is just like staying in a college dorm inclusive of the common room on the first floor - the only difference here is that there is a bar in this common room. The actual hotel rooms are the absolute bare minimum - no frills of any kind. Given the rate they are charging, one would expect some amenities, but alas it's not happening.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Charlotte hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I read some of the reviews after I made the hotel reservation and almost canceled because of the comments on the noise at the hotel. I am a very finicky traveler and can't tolerate a lot of noise at night. I did not cancel and gave it a shot. We had a great time and the hotel was very quiet. Our room was very spacious, and had a good city view. The beds were so-so. Not out of this world and not terrible. Upon checking in I asked for the highest floor available. She gave us a room on the 12th floor and on the corner. I believe the corner rooms are a lot bigger after looking at the fire escape plan on the back of the door, so ask for one at check in. Overall, very pleased with the hotel.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed for one night. We live in Charlotte, but wanted to get away from the kids on Valentine's weekend. Because we live in the city, we had no problem figuring out parking & location, but it could be confusing to a non-resident. Once we got to check-in on the 5th floor, I was told they didn't have our reservation & I immediately got an attitude with the front desk rep because of the hassle. Finally she found it...I had booked it for the next night like a genius. My compliments to this front desk girl. She cheerfully and professionally changed our reservation to the correct night, even at the same rate. I felt like such a jerk.
The room was very small, but the space was maximized & provided everything we needed. The view was great. Some of the best restaurants in Charlotte were in walking distance. You definitely can't beat the location - appropriately named "The EpiCentre".
The next morning we really wished they had provided more than a single cup of coffee. Luckily, they brought more up at our request. We partied a bit too hard the night before & they were happy to provide a late checkout. Upon checking out, we hung out in the lounge area for a bit, which was very cool (I am a sucker for funky modern spaces). The snack bar was stocked with refreshing & healthy choices. Every staff member who passed us greeted us with a smile and asked if we were enjoying our stay. The hall ceilings had some design issues with exposed wiring & weird pipes. They should spend a little more time on these. Overall though, the place just had a good vibe. I recommend it. Oh, and also free wifi with no hassle - as it should be!

Minneapolis
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Came down for an NFL game @ BOA stadium. Aloft Uptown Charlotte could not be any more centrally located for folks looking to take in CLT nightlife or a game. It's right in the middle of the Epicenter which is a huge entertainment complex in DT Charlotte. Light rail is also 1 block away (Charlotte would be well-served to extend it to the airport). Bar, lobby and gym are all adequate-plus. No room service, no restaurant in the hotel, but there are a half-dozen dining options right outside the hotel door from steakhouse to pizza to burgers to wings to bagels. The lobby being on 5th floor is a minor inconvenience, but once you get used to it, it's no big deal. Late night noise from the semi-enclosed Epicenter courtyard below was easily cxld by turning on the heating fan.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Stayed there back in october on the 31st and i will say i was very pleased.... I stayed in the king suite. Very large, includes a sitting area, 2 42" lcd tvs, i loved it, now i will say if you plan on looking for a place to relax this is not the place. The Epicentre is right next door and the music doesnt stop till 3 a.m., reason being i put not for everyone, im 21 and me and my friends went out to all of the nice places the epicentre has to offer the back to the room. The fun never stopped, so if you are looking for non stop fun, great eating places, entertainment, this is for you. If not the hilton is over a couple blocks you can relax there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Got locked out of the room twice due to the key cards not being programmed, front desk had no idea of what they were doing - very disorganized. Wrote two letters of complaint over the past month, neither of which were responded to in any manner. Brought in a group that stayed in 15 rooms, and they still did not have the courtesy to treat me with any respect whatsoever -- extrememely disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple