Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
$159
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn University Place(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$83
$103
$132
$122
$115
$89
$271
Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$110
$269
$259
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet sidewxyz bartrendy hotelvalet parkingepi centerparking deckrooms are modernbars and restaurantsawesome locationmovie theaterhigher floorvalet serviceself parkbank of america stadiumdowntown areagreat customer serviceconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Stayed one evening at the aloft epicenter. First stay in Charlotte and first stay at an aloft hotel. We found the hotel very convenient to everything downtown. It was a monday night, so not much going on, but there is bars/restaurants/ and a bowling alley and movie theater right outside the door of the hotel. The rooms are a little on the smallish side, but they are very trendy and unlike anything we have stayed in before. I just wish they had that Weston bed in them! Like some other reviewers have said, the air conditioning is a little on the noisy side, but I didn't have a problem sleeping. The lady at the front desk was fabulous, and I wish I had gotten her name to give her credit. The valet parking was $20 day.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ga2rgirl65
Reviewed July 16, 2009

OK, the hotel itself is great. Matter of fact, this is my third Aloft property I've stayed at (Aloha everyone!). Someone needed to do a better job at deciding where to put these hotels however. Let me mention the larger issues with this property as it's not the brand/concept itself. These are the same issues that most reviewers have already noted.

Elevators. Yes, you share the same elevator that goes from the two underground parking levels to floors 1 to 4 of the Epicenter, then to floor 5 (which is where the Aloft lobby is). One of the two elevators were out of service from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday evening. Every time I wanted to leave the hotel, it took 10 to 15 minutes to catch an elevator. I'm not lazy, but 5 tall flights of stairs in 85% heat and 80% humidity is not my idea of a good time. Everyone waiting for the elevators were complaining, rightfully so. What a wonderful surprise to see the second elevator was working when I returned ... and only had to wait 30 seconds for a car.

Noise from OUTSIDE the hotel. Tuesday night was fine, but last night (Wednesday) it went on and on and on. boom da da boom da da boom ... enough that I could lightly feel the reverberation of the music in my hotel room on the 8th floor. I eventually called down and got a room change at 1am to the other side of the building (facing the street). It was amazing how much quieter it was. This evening however (Thursday) there are two bands playing in the EPICENTER complex, and I can even hear the music from my room bouncing off the office buildings downtown. As others noted, if you like the party atmosphere with 20-something young adults hanging around all over in their finest party attire, this would be the spot for you. If you're here to conduct business the next morning, perhaps not so much.

Air Conditioner noise, yeah I agree it awful, especially for a new building ... but ... it was the least of my worries.

I was going to stay here until Monday, but decided to check out Friday morning instead. If it's this crazy on Wednesday and Thursday night, I can't imagine what it would be like, come Friday/Saturday.

Different places for different folks... if you're here for business (traditional business, 9 to 5), then this might not be for you.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BestValueHunter
Reviewed June 19, 2009

06/19/2009
DO NOT GO BY THE BAD REVIEWS! Checked in today, the room was ready EARLY! Haley checked us in and she was friendly, personable, and knowledgeable about the area and the resturants we were interested in. Offering suggestions and details that ended with us picking Mert's, which was about a block and a half away...(good eating by the way). The lobby is colorful and clean. Like nothing we have ever seen. I took alot of beautiful pictures. They have a pool that has awesome City views too! We went to our room on the 11th floor on the Epicentre side, which boasted awesome Charlotte/city views! The room is trendy, clean, modern, and comfortable. The beds are nice and there is a 42" Plama TV mounted on the wall. Okay, sure there is no ice machine or vending machines (as some complain) but there is ice in the lobby and a refridgerator in the room (you don't need anything else!) Bring some drinks and you'll be fine, plus there are some things in the lobby if you want, like ben and jerry's ice cream! We played pool on a really nice red pool table in the lobby and there is also glass chess set in the very nice sitting area. The Charlotte Aloft is very convienient and located to several restaurants, a CVS drug store, and a movie theater. I would be more than happy to stay at Aloft again.

Stayed: June 2009
2  Thank Supercorey
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel during the weekend of NASCAR Speed week and Memorial Day weekend, so the area was full of activities and street and traffic noise. The hotel itself makes an attempt to give uptown Charlotte a glimps of boutique-chic hotel living, but falls short. First there is no room service, the 24-hour cafe area had very slim pickings, soggy salads, rotten fruit, and the staff was EXTREMELY unprofessional, unhelpful, and rude management. I am a traveling professional artist and have stayed in many hotels around the country. And for the rate they are charging for this "boutique-chic" hotel, you're better off going somewhere else where you'll not only get a comfortable room, but you'll also get the costumer service you deserve!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank light_traveler81
Reviewed June 4, 2009

While the hotel and room itself was very trendy and clean, noise was my biggest complaint. It took me a night to get used to the air conditioner which, as some travelers pointed out earlier, is surprisingly very loud, especially for a new hotel, and kept me up for a couple of hours. I arrived on Monday and will be leaving tomorrow. I hadn't experienced any noise issues with the club downstairs until tonight. I'm on the 11th floor and it is pretty noisy. I have a very early flight tomorrow, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get some sleep tonight. Apparently the club revs up starting on Thursdays. Other than tonight, it's been pretty quiet with the exception of the air conditioner.

The hotel is definitely located in a great location that is within close walking distance to a lot of entertainment. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to party and isn't a light sleeper; otherwise, you won't get a wink due to the air conditioner, unless you turn it off using the switch located near the floor, but the room may get too stuffy at some point. I would also recommend it to anyone staying between Monday and Wednesday if you don't want to experience noise issues from the club.

If you will have a problem with any of those noise areas, definitely find other lodging.

Regarding the staff, they were friendly, but not as knowledgeable as they should be. However, I was called back right away after the Clerk found the answer to my question, so that's not a big issue for me.

There's no information about the city in the room, so you'll either have to go to the local Visitor's Info Center or use one of the Internet stations in the lobby if you don't have your own laptop.

There's also no room service. The hotel does offer a small area where you can pick up things like sandwiches, a small variety of desserts, and/or drinks. However, I didn't find lack of room service an issue since there are tons of places to eat in the Epicentre and within easy walking distance of the hotel.

If I ever came to Charlotte again, I'd pick another hotel nearby or close to the city before I stayed here. The room was beautiful, but the noise was too distracting for me.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business