“Excellent experience”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #72 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel is very well located and the staff is really nice and helpful. It doesn't offer the traditional breakfast, however, they have a little store in the lobby that covers the basics, and in the morning there is an employee that can prepare you bagels and omelets.
The room was very modern and clean, had a good space and a nice view. I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Hi AMLKM,
Thank you for sharing your review with us! I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. From the room to the service, we always strive to create a memorable experience. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in Charlotte.

There are newer reviews for Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is centrally located and you can walk to several restaurants in the epicenter. Valet was super quick and friendly, for $25 per night was a real value to not have to navigate the epicenter parking deck, which I tried the first night I stayed. My room was very modern/spartan, but clean and housekeeping was thorough. The gym was on the small side, but the equipment was well maintained. All the staff I encountered had a smile on their face! I would stay here again, but sometimes prefer the amenities of a full service hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Hi Ra S,
Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, easy parking options, and wonderful team. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Ok I didn't check the reviews before I stayed so my fault, but it was the conference hotel.
Firstly lobby on the 5th floor but with poor limited signage from the pavement, as soon as I entered I felt the target customer was at least one age cohort younger than me
Room spacious, clean well designed relatively basic and well maintained, AND only a shower with bulk dispenser shampoo and conditioner - felt European!
Breakfast was.... Well not really what I was expecting.
finally the Epicentre was a trendy night location so even on the 10th floor noise disturbed the room up until 1am on Friday night.
Seemed a trendy hotel in a trendy location?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I spent 4 days at this hotel that is part of the Starwoods family. It was fine. Clean, comfortable bed but just didn't really do it for me. No robes (I know...I'm spoiled), an annoying to find location (not really marked from the ground...just an elevator up to the 5th fl reception and the whole Epicenter was annoying. Nice with lots of businesses and close to Time Warner arena but just weird and annoying to me.) I have reservations made to go back to see another event in a few weeks and I may spring a little more for the Ritz (although I don't know if it will be worth the extra expense). We'll see.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Peeling wallpaper in the room...torn wallpaper in the hallways...broken door to the bathroom... broken toilet paper holder. Sorry I picked this place.

Tip: ask for a room away from the street. Lot's of noise from buses and trucks.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi Mike E,
Thank you for the taking the time to share your feedback. We take our reviews very seriously and always look for opportunities to grow moving forward. I shared your review with the team and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced regarding the noise.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great location and reliable aloft experience. It was nice to have plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Despite being on the "quiet side", outside noise was noticeable and I could hear the wind howling. Air conditioner also created some excessive noise. Upon arrival I was unsure where to park. The parking garage is shared with the Epicentre and cost $18 / night.

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel more than my stay at the Westin down the road but it was nothing to write home about. This hotel would be great for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here with friends after a recent event at the Time Warner Cable arena. The hotel is very close to the arena, and it is very convenient to the restaurants and bars at the EpiCentre. For those amenities, it is a very good location. Unfortunately, if you anticipate staying on a Fri/Sat night and are on the side of the hotel facing the EpiCentre, the noise from some of the venues (particularly the clubs) can reduce your sleep quality. The staff were pleasant, the room was very clean, and if we had been able to sleep before 2 am, we would have been very pleased.

Room Tip: You may be able to request a room on the side opposite the clubs, which should enhance your sleep qu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends