“LOCATION, LOCATION and really stylish hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #76 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Arlington, Virginia
“LOCATION, LOCATION and really stylish hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the aLoft Uptown at the Epicentre last weekend - very friendly staff, extremely accommodating, and we were very impressed with the style, cleanliness and amentities - really awesome for a select service W hotel!! Their bar is amazing, and decor and lobby really sleek and comfortable. Snack shop has plenty and the room rate was affordable. Over and above that, the location cannot be beat!!! You are right in the middle of the epicentre! Shops, restaurants, CVS, breakfast spots - whatever you need is a few floors down off the elevator. Staff is is extremely kind, helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. Everyone at this hotel was in a good mood and enjoying themselves. The views are great and once again - YOU CAN'T BEAT THE LOCATION!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Aloft hotel has all the ingredients for a great hotel. Staff are very helpful and informed. I wanted to mail some postcards from Charlotte. Fortunately there were some nice ones at the front desk, so i asked 'how much ?". Answer : "Free". So i filled a couple out and asked if they ahd stamps so i could mail them. "Sure, we'll take care of it". What a great way to serve your customers. Sheraton NYC did not even had stamps at the concierge (which is a no brainer at most hotels).

Rooms are well appointed and clean.. The only thing lacking at the hotel is a good breakfast area. there is a little shop where you can buy cold muffins, danishes etc and coffee. However, the hotel is at the epicentre, which does have a very good selection of restaurants. Also you need to take 2 lifts to get to your room. there is a lift that gets you from street level to the lobby, and then another from the lobby to your room. minor irritation, unless you have to be in and out all day.
Beware - if there are concerts going on at the epi, it can get noisy so get a room on higher floors and facing away from the epicentre. Also if there is a game/concert at the arena nearby, all the restaurants tend to have very long lineups and get full.
The hotel is a short walk to most financial institutions in Charlotte - convenient if you are there on business.

Room Tip: face away from the epicentre and high floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank naeemsiddiqi
Jimaloft, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear naeemsiddiqi,
Thank you for your kind words! Our talent strives hard to impress each and every guest so it's nice to read of how a simple token of our appreciation, a free post card and stamp, can resonate so well. It's appreciative guests such as yourself that make this career a rewarding one. Thank you for choosing Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was adequate. Clean and functional. Very minimal, desk and hard chair no couch, love seat, etc. No closet, truly as cheap and minimal as you can possibly get but no issues. The staff however is outstanding. From the minute
I checked in to the minute I checked out everyone was pleasant, helpful and went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Zoeboaat,
Thank you for your mention of great and outstanding service! I believe that above all else that a hotel can provide, a team of engaged friendly folks is the most critical. As for the hotel design and furnishings, we understand that the minimalist environment does not resonate with everyone. I am sorry if our concept took away form a generally positive experience. I do hope that the service engagement you experienced will be a reason for a follow up visit to us.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Do not use your BANKAND CARD. They claim their computes had a gitch and put 2 holds on my account. They fixed that then charged me twice for my stay 481 twice. Mymoney credited back to my accountys after I was home. The manager nevercalled medirectly, in fact I had to call the hotel and they would not give me the regional manages info. They just did not care and provided poor customer srvice in dealing with this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank queenk75
Dear queenk75,
Please accept my sincere apology for the challenges you experienced relative to your bank card. It is our intention to minimize your concerns on the road, not add to them. Our talent worked promptly to remedy your situation, and I am pleased that it was fixed quickly. I hope you provide us another opportunity to serve you and demonstrate a level of service you expect for a brand such as Aloft.
Jim Williams

Travelers are raving about these Charlotte hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Being right next to the EpiCentre has its appeals and drawbacks... It was great to be able to go grab a beer and some wings, watch some games, etc, but later in the evening when the bars really cranked up, I can see how other people with rooms right near there would have issues with the noise. We were on the quiet side of the hotel, so we didn't have issues with the noise from outside, but you really can hear everything as people walk down the halls. Beds were uncomfortable to both my wife and I. I liked the valet parking and the lobby area. Definitely a more "modern" hotel. Not really my style, but if they'd get more insulation in the halls and better beds, I would have no problems with the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I travel a lot for work. You may think this would make me extremely picky. Quite the contrary; all I expect is a comfortable bed and a safe, quiet room. Maybe Aloft provided the former two, but DEFINITELY not the latter. Last night (a Saturday) a group of friends and I visited Charlotte to catch a NBA game. I returned to the hotel at 11PM. OUR ROOM WAS VIBRATING! I could not believe how loud it was. I actually laughed because it was so unbelievable. There must have been a bar with a drum circle night, but it was deafening. I am not exaggerating. I would have requested a new room, but it was so amazingly loud that I assumed it must be a short-time thing and decided to wait it out. Also, I overheard the front desk mention that they were booked, so I felt stuck. BTW - it was loud until 3AM or so.

When I went to the front desk the next morning to complain, the staff was nice, but said that the hotel was built before the bars were added. You could tell they've gotten complaints before and had stock answers. Who cares when the dang thing was built? It is beyond unconscionable that they rent these rooms to anyone. Even someone deaf would be bothered by the rattling from the bass below. Maybe they're ok on the weeknights. However, I will never again stay at an Aloft hotel. Avoid at all costs. The people running this hotel care nothing about guest comfort!

Oh, and the hotel wasn't particularly clean. Actually, it was quite shabby.

Go to the HIlton or Marriott instead. They're well-situated and don't appear to be built above a raucous bar.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
Jimaloft, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Sean W.
On behalf of the Aloft, please accept my sincere apology that in your opinion we are not an acceptable hotel in regards to design and layout. I understand that all travelers have a unique taste and am sorry that our hotel did not appeal to your personal sense of style.
Lexington, NC, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay! Right in uptown Charlotte. Bed slept very good. Nice bar/vending area with fireplace.Rooms are very clean, nice and modern. Very nice staff. Within walking distance of lots of restaurants and night life. Recommend for girls weekend or couples getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank keverhart298
Dear keverhart298,
Thank you for the kind comments! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to excel in every way. We are a great choice for getaways; plenty to do and most within walking distance. I hope we see you again soon!