“Aloft Charlotte - Excellent location”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #75 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very nice hotel in the Epicenter. Might be a challenge to find as the hotel starts on the fifth floor. I recommend parking in the Epicenter garage which has an elevator to the hotel. The locaton at the Epicenter is excellent - you can walk to any one of a number of restaurants or bars in the same complex. My room was very clean and comfortable. Typical Aloft room - very functional and modern.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 15th floor (highest floor) & had a buzzing noise in the ceiling. My guess i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob c

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The location is great but the hotel is very hard to find. Definitely use the valet parking...it is much to difficult to navigate the parking. There is alot going on at the Epicentre
so watch out if you are looking for a quiet time...its definitely a younger crowd! The rooms are clean and modern and the staff is very helpful. Love that they take pets!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kkclardy
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is perfectly centered in the heart of Charlotte uptown. The Time Warner arena, great restaurants, bars, and clubs are all in easy walking distance. It was pricey but definitely paid for location. The service from the front desk was excellent as well. Lisa especially provided 100% at your service attention and was extremely helpful with any inquiry we had. I would have a hard time deciding to stay anywhere else when I return to Charlotte. A++++++
My only negative comment would be the dark headed bartender that was tending the couple of times we were at the hotel bar. She wasn't overly friendly or appreciative unlike the rest of the staff which is always a put off but she did recommend a great restaurant, Dandelion, which will be my next review.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stay in Charlotte all the time for business and sports events so I have pretty much stayed everywhere there. This is, for the money, the best place to stay. You cant beat the location it is right next to the EpiCentre although it gets a little noisy at night if you are on that side of the hotel.

The lobby is a little cramped so if you want drinks I suggest you hit the street and go either left or right - plenty of places either direction. You can walk to everything so park and stay. Also be warned that on Sat evenings and nights the lobby gets kind of a club feel to it, but, the people in there are friendly so if you can handle a crowd and a couple of minutes of noise while you get to the elevator, you will be OK.

One proviso to all of this - the parking situation is terrible. It will run you anywhere from 15-20$ per day, and the spaces are small. You park under the Epicentre in the back of the hotel which is a little confusing. My advice is to go to the bottom of the deck and park near the elevators. Getting in and out of there is hard, and the lines on the weekends to get out are LONG. Valet it if you can afford it, you will save yourself much frustration.

The rooms are great, clean and fairly roomy. The place smacks of an IKEA type hotel but if you read the website you know what you are getting into there so this shouldnt surprise you. Nonetheless the rooms are fine and amenities are great. Halls are narrow but quiet, we had no complaints about that. Housekeeping was on top of it.

Finally, the staff are EXCELLENT. They are friendly and helpful. But for the parking I would give it 5 out of 5.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manu4t
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I were looking forward to our visit to this hotel (first night away from the baby) and we decided on this one due to the choice location and the hip decor. We were wrong. It was difficult to find; there is nothing in plain sight to indicate where the main lobby is. The front desk staff was rude and unwelcoming. They slurped on their fountain drinks and gossiped more than attended to guests. The rooms had an...interesting look to it. They were not clean and had a strange odor....not dirt, or mold....something different. The showers had shampoo and soap dispensers. Public bathrooms have soap dispensers. The air conditioner unit was very, very loud; however it actually drowned out the noise from the surrounding rooms and dance clubs. I do think that this hotel is good for someone who doesn't care about their accommodations because it is a great location.

Room Tip: Not the seventh floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamieandwill
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've stayed at aloft properties before, and they tend to be remarkably similar. Slightly downscale W vibe, with functional and comfortable room layouts. What sets this hotel apart is the location at Charlotte's EpiCenter. ( as a Californian, that word has negative connotations...) Anyway, there are literally dozens of restaurants and bars in a very short walk, not to mention the convention center and movie theaters. Lots of dining and nightlife options for nearly every taste, age group, and budget--watching the middle-aged coneventioneers hit on local twenty-somethings at a nearbybdance clube provided plenty of entertainment for me!

This would be a great hotel if you're attending a conference in the area, but don't want to she'll out the bucks for a fancier property.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Okay so let me tell you the real deal!!
*Parking is crazy! Please use the valet out front... We parked for 4 hours in the deck and they charged us $20! Not aloft but the deck company.Aloft you may need to think about free parking!

The hotel is hard to find!!
Checkin-We arrived around 3pm on 10/11 and the guy that checked was okay. The front office manager is very nice and was working very hard!! Hi five to him back!(Lol) The rooms are nice but seem small to me. Very hip and new!!! Very nice soap and etc!! The beds are very nice.

Its strange that you have to take like one elevator and another to get to your room. Very different set up but still nice. Again,the staff is great! I had a issue on Saturday night with noise and the front desk clerk was very on point(I forgot his name but after talking we found out we went to the same college! NCCU!!! The security manager came down and gave me a firm hand shake and told me he would take care of the issue!! 10 minutes later you could have heard a pin drop!!!

The young lady that cheked us out on 10/14 was super nice.Very nice hotel and is in the middle of everything.. You dont need to drive at all.. Just pay the valet and keep moving. I highly suggest that you stay at this hotel if you are in charlotte!!

I may want to point out that I'm also a Hotel General Manager for another brand so I really see everything when I stay at another hotel chain.

Very Very nice! Job well done Aloft Charlotte..

Room Tip: Please ask for the quiet side..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple