“Do not stay there”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #67 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I were looking forward to our visit to this hotel (first night away from the baby) and we decided on this one due to the choice location and the hip decor. We were wrong. It was difficult to find; there is nothing in plain sight to indicate where the main lobby is. The front desk staff was rude and unwelcoming. They slurped on their fountain drinks and gossiped more than attended to guests. The rooms had an...interesting look to it. They were not clean and had a strange odor....not dirt, or mold....something different. The showers had shampoo and soap dispensers. Public bathrooms have soap dispensers. The air conditioner unit was very, very loud; however it actually drowned out the noise from the surrounding rooms and dance clubs. I do think that this hotel is good for someone who doesn't care about their accommodations because it is a great location.

Room Tip: Not the seventh floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamieandwill

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've stayed at aloft properties before, and they tend to be remarkably similar. Slightly downscale W vibe, with functional and comfortable room layouts. What sets this hotel apart is the location at Charlotte's EpiCenter. ( as a Californian, that word has negative connotations...) Anyway, there are literally dozens of restaurants and bars in a very short walk, not to mention the convention center and movie theaters. Lots of dining and nightlife options for nearly every taste, age group, and budget--watching the middle-aged coneventioneers hit on local twenty-somethings at a nearbybdance clube provided plenty of entertainment for me!

This would be a great hotel if you're attending a conference in the area, but don't want to she'll out the bucks for a fancier property.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Okay so let me tell you the real deal!!
*Parking is crazy! Please use the valet out front... We parked for 4 hours in the deck and they charged us $20! Not aloft but the deck company.Aloft you may need to think about free parking!

The hotel is hard to find!!
Checkin-We arrived around 3pm on 10/11 and the guy that checked was okay. The front office manager is very nice and was working very hard!! Hi five to him back!(Lol) The rooms are nice but seem small to me. Very hip and new!!! Very nice soap and etc!! The beds are very nice.

Its strange that you have to take like one elevator and another to get to your room. Very different set up but still nice. Again,the staff is great! I had a issue on Saturday night with noise and the front desk clerk was very on point(I forgot his name but after talking we found out we went to the same college! NCCU!!! The security manager came down and gave me a firm hand shake and told me he would take care of the issue!! 10 minutes later you could have heard a pin drop!!!

The young lady that cheked us out on 10/14 was super nice.Very nice hotel and is in the middle of everything.. You dont need to drive at all.. Just pay the valet and keep moving. I highly suggest that you stay at this hotel if you are in charlotte!!

I may want to point out that I'm also a Hotel General Manager for another brand so I really see everything when I stay at another hotel chain.

Very Very nice! Job well done Aloft Charlotte..

Room Tip: Please ask for the quiet side..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

First time staying at an Aloft hotel. It has the slick W feel at a much better price point. The Aloft is very conveniently located in the heart of the city and has some nice amenities for the right price. A very good value and a fun place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view, preferably a corner room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I would stay at this facility again... The location is perfect in the heart of uptown. Parking is easy and reasonable. The rooms are great and the Black Finn restaurant in the epicenter is nice place to have a good meal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

The staff was great! They were very friendly and professional. Our room was awesome. We had an amazing view of downtown from our room. The mattress was comfortable. I love the Aloft because it is so modern. It is located in the center of Epicenter. Everything is in walking distance. I would definitely stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here only one night for the Giants-Panthers Thursday night game with my father on 9/20/12. As everyone has seemed to mention jere, the noise from the Epicentre bars/clubs can be heard from below but we were given the quiet end of the hotel on the 6th floor so it wasn't too noticeable even after returning late from the BoA Stadium. The entrance is on College St. side and it requires taking slow elevators up to the 5th floor lobby but it was fine with us as we were never in a rush anyhow.

The room is modern and simple and the bed was as comfortable as can be. Only my 2nd time staying at an Aloft property and this was very good. Had celebratory drinks with my father in the wxyz bar on the 5th floor and beer prices were reasonable. Staying in the Epicentre was the best option for us as everything was easily within walking distance and plenty of food options all along Uptown. Even arriving into Charlotte, we took the Sprinter bus for $2 and it dropped us off only 1 block away from the Epicentre right off of College St. Service overall was as fine and nice as can be and we enjoyed our time down in Charlotte while staying in the Aloft before heading back to NYC. Good choice!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, try staying at a higher floor on the quiet end of the Aloft facing away from the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family