Love the concept of a modern hotel (I live in a modern house and hate "frilly" decorating), but some of the details are preventing this hotel from being great.
1. Modern decor in the lobby and the room
2. Nice room layout makes a not so big room feel big enough
3. Box on desk connects your laptop to the TV.
4. Free wireless
5. There was a nice bag of snacks on the desk when I entered the room and a note saying that I was the "guest of the day."
6. Lots of options nearby for meals and entertainment.
1. The hotel address is listed as East Trade Street but the sign and entrance is on South College Street. This made the hotel difficult to find while driving on one-way streets in rush-hour traffic.
2. The lobby is up on the 5th floor. The elevator up to the lobby is REALLY slow. I waited about 10 minutes each time I wanted to go up or down.
3. Based on other reviews here, I asked for a higher floor to avoid traffic noise. I was given a room on the 9th floor. (The highest floor is 14.) This apparently was not high enough -- the room was really noisy all night long from street traffic, making it very difficult to sleep.
4. Service at the WXYZ bar was slow.
Overall, not a bad hotel, but not great. I was hoping to really like this one, but I think you can find better in Charlotte.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate your style in North Carolina's financial center at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre. Close to shopping, dining, sports and the Nascar Hall of Fame ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Charlotte Uptown At The Epicentre Hotel Charlotte
- Aloft The Epicentre