“Amazing location, price, and hotel!”

Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
Ranked #66 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I recently spent the weekend at the aLoft for my mother's birthday weekend. I love the aloft's-the hotel is chic and hip. The location is perfect because we were able to walk to restaurants, museums, movies, bowling alley, and other attractions.

We were blessed because the price was very reasonable, cheaper than any other hotel in the area ($126.00) a night. The service was wonderful, and the staff members were friendly. We were on the top floor (15th) so we did not hear any noise, but I would think that since the nightlife is so great at the Epicenter, lower floor rooms might perhaps noisier. The rooms are clean and unique, yet small. However, for a single person or couple, the space is fine.

Yes, the hotel is hard to find based on the small sign, but the cab driver knew where to take us. Once you get to the building, make sure to take the elevator up to the hotel's actual lobby.

The only con was the the internet service was not consistent. I would lose connection on my laptop every 15-20 minutes, though I doubt this was the hotel's fault (more an Internet Service Provider issue). Thankfully, I only needed the internet briefly to check my work email.

We are definately planning on staying at the aloft the next time we visit Charlotte!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room on a higher floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Jimaloft, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear GodsPrincess,
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts regarding you stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay! Our talent works hard to provide a high-level of service; so it's great to be able to share your feedback with the team. We look forward to another opportunity of serving you again soon.
All the best,

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed here the middle of June for 5 days while my wife was at a conference. I had read the reviews which were helpful. I asked for and was given a room on the quiet side and it was quiet enough, even during the weekend. The room was very different and quite nice. It was comfortable, clean, had all the ammenities needed including a small refrigerator. I used the microwave in the lobby for reheats of leftover meals. The staff were great and treated me and my 2 little dogs royally. It worked out very well to have the boys with us. It was easy to walk the dogs outside. The parking is expensive, $20 a day, but easier than staying at an off site spot. The Epicentre is right here and has a variety of good restaurants. We enjoyed the dueling piano bar. We would definitely stay here again or at another Aloft.

Room Tip: ask for the quiet side
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Jimaloft, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear captainron6122,
Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay with us. I am grateful of the kind words regarding the staff and hotel in general. Our team takes great pride in creating "Raving Fans"; and it's nice to read that we succeeded in your case! I hope we have another opportunity of serving you in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Aloft Uptown this past weekend. It's connected to the EpiCentre which makes it that much more great, but sort of difficult to locate. I circled the EpiCentre twice before I actually located the hotel's sign. You're surrounded by good food and great activities. We ended up catching a movie and had dinner afterwards outside at Vida, a mexican restaurant that's part of the EpiCentre as well. Great food! I recommend any of their burritos. We were unaware of the "Taste of Charlotte" downtown, which made traffic lil' hectic, but all the activities made up for it. We love festivals, so we were in the right spot. The hotel was a block away. The price for parking isn't a convenience though. As stated in previous postings, you can easily spend up to $20/day. The rooms are contemporary and well kept. I suggest the two queen bed rooms over the single king bedrooms. They are the same price, but a lil' larger in size. Downtown Charlotte can take a toll on your pockets with parking, and everything that there is to do/take part in, so have your money right.

Overall, if you love being in the middle of it all, The Aloft Uptown at the EpiCentre is the way to go! It's a great hotel surrounded by great fun and great food!

Room Tip: If you're looking for less noise, book a room opposite from the club side of the EpiCentre.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear Charliemac101;
Let me begin by expressing my gratitude, on behalf of our talent, for your patronage! We have almost as much fun running THE hip hotel "in the center of it all" as you had as a visitor...almost. My apology for the need to circle the property a few times before getting in; we are working diligently to mend our sign challenges. We are planning on having a visible presence on the new digital advertising screens that adorn the EpiCentre walls in the very near future. I look forward to serving you again in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2012

aloft is ultra contemporary - very IKEA. Welcomed with smiles and welcomes. I got a great rate for one night as we were in town to visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame in conjunction with the Coca Cola 600. Everyone was accomodating, pleasant and knowlegeable. There are so many choices for food in the EpiCentre complex. Room was fine, Chelsea filled our request for higher floor. Our room (1426) overlooked Whiskey River, Dale Jrs. bar-no food. aloft does not have much choice for food, but lots of choices just out of elevator. We got a parking deal of $10 but had to leave by 10 AM. Try Whiskey River to drink, may or may not get waited on, Blackfinn, excellent fare. Will review Hall of Fame, Whiskey River, and Blackfinn under their titles. Barkeep is also sweet and personable. Knows alot about the area, which is rare sometimes.

Room Tip: Higher floors suit me. I think all the rooms are the same. I always get king, so not sure about su...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Jimaloft, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Bambooger,

WOW! Thanks for the wonfderful feedback from your stay during NASCAR week in Charlotte! I am so proud to work with Chelsea; she is a delight to all she meets and a great role model for our Talent. I'm also glad to hear that you "get it" in regards to the concept of our hotel. We like to think of ourselves as a "fresh breath of air" in the hotel market. We strive to be the friendliest and most consistent hotel in Charlotte; I'm thankful that you were recipient to the best of what we do. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very nice business class hotel in a spectacular location. Has a very chic, "hip", feel....room was small, but nicely appointed. The lobby is hard to find...you have to take an elevator from the ground floor. Lap pool is small, but very pleasant. Hotel is at the Epicenter, which lives up to its name. Plenty of restaurants. Room was quiet and comfortable, but I was advised by management that it can get loud on weekends. Got a very good rate. Management was very helpful and accomodating. Iwould certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyingAuditor

Dear flyingauditor,

Many thanks for such nice feedback! I am pleased to hear of the wonderful experience you enjoyed at Aloft. Our team works hard to provide an unparalleled level of service and it's always fun to provide them with positive comments. We plan to be here when you need to be back in Charlotte; and can;t wait for another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed at the Aloft hotel recently after a friend's recommendation. The location is very convenient to the NBA Bobcat's arena, however, it is overpriced, must pay $20 bucks a day for parking at the hotel although the rooms are $239 and up!
Also the hotel smells like "cat urine!" Will never stay here again!

Room Tip: No advice, find another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happy9531

Dear happy9531,

Please accept my sincere apology for the smell that you aluded to. While we do not allow cats, several things can give off a similar scent including some plants and chemicals. Our talent uses commercial grade cleaners; as such I trust the source has since been remedied. As for the price of our rooms, we are driven by a supply and demand equation similar to airlines; please feel free to canvas our website for dates when we can provide rates that best suit your budget. Hopefully we'll have another opportunity to serve you soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not easy to find since we did not see any obvious signs indicating its location, had to ask a taxi driver. They have valet parking, for a fee of course, or several parking garages nearby. The lobby is located on the 5th floor of the EpiCentre. The staff were courteous friendly and helpful.There scores of restaurants and shops nearby; location is superb. Complimentary hotel-wide wired and wireless Internet access. The room was fairly large, a bit unusual design but very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the elevators tend to be noisy
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lubeck27

Dear Lubeck27,

Let me begin by thanking you for your comments; I'm glad to read that you had a nice stay with us. Please accept my apology for the lack of signage leading to the hotel; our unique Uptown location has some inherent zoning challenges that make this difficult to address. We are working with the city of Charlotte and a marketing company to get the signage issues remedied soon. I hope to have another opportunity of serving you soon.