“Excellent food, service, customer respect”
Review of 131 Main

131 Main
Ranked #44 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I eat here all the time, and on Fathers Day dinner they goofed but took great care of me. Brought my entree out, then 10 minutes later my salad. After my entree got cold, I took the salad and turned away the pork chops. I was grumpy, and in no way did I fell like dealing with pork chips while my family was heartily at work on their food. Not only did they take it off the bill, but Manager Brett insisted I take them home gratis since it was their oversight. Very professional and classy of him, and it definitely reinforced my esteem for the 131 Main style. My waiter Justin was very professional and despite one oversight he was completely on task and attentive to our table of seven, the Dad's.

1  Thank cytomitch

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went in early without reservation. Welcomed and made to feel comfortable. Maitre'd is unique and impressive in his knowledge of the menu - which is filled with tempting dishes.
Would go back again.

1  Thank John_MacAulay
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My fiance and I went here for dinner on the day we got engaged. I got steak and he got ribs and we loved them both. We also got fries for our sides. Unfortunately, I felt like the selection of sides was lacking, as I wouldn't normally choose fries at a nice occasion. The waitress was nice and attentive.

1  Thank blackyceqwerty
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I have been to 131 Main a few times in the past, but recently have made it a regular monthly routine. The service and food are consistently outstanding. My surprising menu item of choice is the meatloaf. Not being a meatloaf fan, I did try something different one visit and now it has become my favorite meal of choice when we make it to 131. They have great specials and kids meals too.
Glad we have added this to our normal routine.

1  Thank fabirdman99
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We visited 131 Main in Cornelius/Huntersville (basically north Charlotte suburbs) in May. It was a busy Saturday night, and we saw almost every kind of guest from couples, to teenagers going to prom, to families there for commencement from one of the local colleges. As the makeup of the patrons reflected, this restaurant will appeal to a broad range of customers.

131 Main is in a newer shopping area with easy freeway access. The decor is kind of a stylized Colonial main street with lights that resemble gas lights, and a Colonial color scheme. They also have seating outside.

We thought the decor was pleasant enough. The restaurant is popular and can be crowded. We thought it might be more cozy if it were a little smaller. There was a bit of noise from all of the patrons, but we had no problem understanding each other over dinner.

The service was extremely friendly and enthusiastic about the menu choices. Our waitress gave us good recommendations both as to the food and the wine. The food was delicious - we all enjoyed our appetizer and entrees. I was a little concerned about service given how busy the restaurant was, but our waitress was very attentive throughout the meal and friendly in a genuine way.

The menu seemed deliberately designed to appeal to a range of tastes. The portions were absolutely enormous and I don't think any of us was able to finish everything. The pork chop entree, for example, came with two large pork chops the size of ample beef steaks. The pasta and chicken dishes seemed to have enough food for two. They were quick to offer boxes to take the food home, but it is unlikely you will leave here hungry.

We had an enjoyable evening at this welcoming restaurant with lots of very good food.