“Wonderful food and great service”
Review of 131 Main

131 Main
Ranked #43 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hillsborough, NC
“Wonderful food and great service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went in early without reservation. Welcomed and made to feel comfortable. Maitre'd is unique and impressive in his knowledge of the menu - which is filled with tempting dishes.
Would go back again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank John_MacAulay

Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Delicious steak”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My fiance and I went here for dinner on the day we got engaged. I got steak and he got ribs and we loved them both. We also got fries for our sides. Unfortunately, I felt like the selection of sides was lacking, as I wouldn't normally choose fries at a nice occasion. The waitress was nice and attentive.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank blackyceqwerty
NC
“131 has become a routine”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I have been to 131 Main a few times in the past, but recently have made it a regular monthly routine. The service and food are consistently outstanding. My surprising menu item of choice is the meatloaf. Not being a meatloaf fan, I did try something different one visit and now it has become my favorite meal of choice when we make it to 131. They have great specials and kids meals too.
Glad we have added this to our normal routine.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank fabirdman99
Chesterland, Ohio
“Crowd Pleaser and Ample Food Portions”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We visited 131 Main in Cornelius/Huntersville (basically north Charlotte suburbs) in May. It was a busy Saturday night, and we saw almost every kind of guest from couples, to teenagers going to prom, to families there for commencement from one of the local colleges. As the makeup of the patrons reflected, this restaurant will appeal to a broad range of customers.

131 Main is in a newer shopping area with easy freeway access. The decor is kind of a stylized Colonial main street with lights that resemble gas lights, and a Colonial color scheme. They also have seating outside.

We thought the decor was pleasant enough. The restaurant is popular and can be crowded. We thought it might be more cozy if it were a little smaller. There was a bit of noise from all of the patrons, but we had no problem understanding each other over dinner.

The service was extremely friendly and enthusiastic about the menu choices. Our waitress gave us good recommendations both as to the food and the wine. The food was delicious - we all enjoyed our appetizer and entrees. I was a little concerned about service given how busy the restaurant was, but our waitress was very attentive throughout the meal and friendly in a genuine way.

The menu seemed deliberately designed to appeal to a range of tastes. The portions were absolutely enormous and I don't think any of us was able to finish everything. The pork chop entree, for example, came with two large pork chops the size of ample beef steaks. The pasta and chicken dishes seemed to have enough food for two. They were quick to offer boxes to take the food home, but it is unlikely you will leave here hungry.

We had an enjoyable evening at this welcoming restaurant with lots of very good food.

• Visited May 2014
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Good food, good service, one Major Problem”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Went here on the recommendation of a local resident. She told us we had to try the grilled artichoke, which we did, and she was right; it was amazing! We called ahead and was told we would have a 30 min wait which would have been fine but they sat us almost immediately. The portions were good, the food hot (pet peeve) and service very professional. We had the fish tacos and it was made with swordfish. There were three fairly large fish bones in my taco and I pointed that out to the waiter. He apologized but no manager came to apologize and nothing was done on the bill. A simple apology or free desert or anything would have helped. Hard to recommend a restaurant that falls down on customer service.

• Visited May 2014