“4th time there and still impressed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 131 Main

131 Main
Ranked #38 of 2,340 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“4th time there and still impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Well guess what
I have been there 3 times before but this time is the best *Business meeting -:) So free...
So the Sword fish never tasted that good -;)
Got the Ahi Tuna Salad nice too
Guacamole nice too

I live like a few miles away from Blakeney...

Absolutely love it.
Honey Bread is really nice too...

Keep it up -:)
Good job
Excellent service too Except I had to ask for water a couple of times after I got my beer as I was offered no water at all

1 Thank soooma

North Carolina
“Nice dinner but loud!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The food at the renovated Dilworth location was very good. Our group of four had a mix of Grilled Salmon, Ribs topped off with the Key Lime pie. The service was outstanding. We saw no less than 4 team members who were there throughout the meal refilling our water glasses, checking but not overwhelming. The only downside was the noise level in the table areas. There was a large table of 8 beside us that made it nearly impossible to have a conversation. Next time I will ask for a booth.

Visited November 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wasn't bad...wasn't great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have eaten here a few times over the last few years and I enjoy it most of the time. We dined here last night and my husband wasn't crazy about his food and I wasn't too thrilled with mine. He ordered roasted chicken with mash potatoes. He loved the mashed potatoes, but didn't care for the chicken. I ordered the fish tacos. I didn't like my tacos at all. Something about the fish just wasn't good, but the other ingredients in the taco were good. The rice and beans that came with my meal were good also, but I couldn't eat the fish. Our appetizers were great though. The cornbread and salmon with crackers and dip. I'm sure that we'll go back again. Just have to be careful about what we order.

Visited November 2013
Albany, NY
“Ready to return to try more of the menu offerings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

The three of us arrived without a reservation on a Saturday evening around 6:30. After a short wait (20 minutes or so -- enough time to get a cocktail at the bar) we were seated in a comfy booth. Two of us decided to go with the "dinner for two" option while the third decided on a salad and then shared some of the bounty of the dinner for two. The Double Dip was consumed with gusto and was quite tasty. Being a visitor from the north, it was hard to resist the shrimp and grits which were quite delicious. Dessert was large and even with three people and three forks, we didn't consume it all. We had a leisurely meal, servers kept stopping to take the main course order but we first put in the appetizer order and asked them to return to take dinner order. 131 Main was busy on a Saturday night.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Depends on why you go here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Have eaten here on quite a few occasions and have found the food similar to what you may find in other brass and mahogany type restaurants. This one is different as it features a very good wine collection, and the food, while not gourmet, is very good. Their grill is good and they do a great job with fish. This is one of those places though, which stands out in the middle of suburbia as there are few of these fairly upscale places in the area. And when they are the big fish in a little suburban sea, some servers here tend to think they are doing you a big favor by waiting on you and it shows in their attitude by being slow when asking for additional condiments or other things to enhance the meal. Outside of this annoyance, it is a great place for a date night, or meeting friends for a good meal.

• Visited September 2013