“Average and overpriced”

Ranked #35 of 2,582 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Waiters are not friendly. The food is not bad. Waiters do not know how to sell the $69 special for two. They highly discourage folks from this and are always trying to upgrade the wine.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have been to 131 Main many times but this was, by far the best meal we've had here. We did the, 'Dinner for two' and paid a few extra dollars to have the seared ahi tuna for our appetizer and it was worth EVERY penny. We had the artichoke mushroom soup-very very good; shrimp and grits-also, very good; crab cake salad-excellent!!! and banana creme pie-sooo yummy! Our waiter, Jason, was very friendly. The only thing I don't like about 131 main is that the bread they bring you (not the cornbread but a flat baguette bread) -it needs a serious makeover-maybe a few varieties of bread or bread sticks or rolls. The service was a little slow-I'm sure they were busy, since it was a Saturday night but usually they are very quick, working in 'teams'. There were some long delays in getting water, wine, straws, etc. We will be back, though.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

A friend of my husband recommended this restaurant; he said that every dish he had was fantastic. After reading the reviews, we decided to give it a try. All we have to say is Wow!!! We did not expect everything from the service to the dessert to be great. If you like shrimps and grits, you must try this place and the prime rib, every bite was tasty, seasoned very well. I love the food presentation also; very nice. OH! You must try the banana cream pie; it's to die for!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just got back from having lunch there with my girlfriends. Overall a very nice restaurant, very good menu choices. I had the shrimp and grits which was excellent. Our waiter was young (22), nice looking very professional, very knowledge guy. Forgot his name, but made sure we had what we needed. The only complaint was the noise level was very high. But I had to realize it was lunch time and it calmed down soon after. It was a very nice, pleasant experience and I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Jason (waiter) and Kari (Manager) went above and beyond to make our meal memorable. Thank you :) We went during Queens Feast and my BF said that was the best roasted chicken he has had since being in the states (He's from Ireland.. and we really dont have any idea what good chicken and beef taste like..totally different over there) I had the ribeye and it was cooked perfectly. we shared the brownie and it was purely criminal.. (in other words..delish)!