“Service, staff and food topnotch”
Review of 131 Main

131 Main
Ranked #49 of 2,376 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Matthews, North Carolina, United States
“Service, staff and food topnotch”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Jason (waiter) and Kari (Manager) went above and beyond to make our meal memorable. Thank you :) We went during Queens Feast and my BF said that was the best roasted chicken he has had since being in the states (He's from Ireland.. and we really dont have any idea what good chicken and beef taste like..totally different over there) I had the ribeye and it was cooked perfectly. we shared the brownie and it was purely criminal.. (in other words..delish)!

Vero Beach, Florida
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our daughter considers 131 Main one of her favorite restaurants, and now I understand why. On our last visit to charlotte, we had Saturday evening dinner there (during Queen’s Feast) and we thoroughly enjoyed everything! Our appetizers were all excellent, especially the Double-Dip Guacamole. We all loved our entrees, and the desserts were outstanding, too. The strawberry shortcake was delicious, but the banana cream pie was really special--I'd go back just for that! Service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The décor is elegant, but understated, and seating is comfortable. Reservations are a must. Definitely recommended!
Hint: Check out the Wednesday Date Night Specials: http://131-main.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Itemid=27

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome Dinner for Queen's Feast!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food was amazing, but it was surpassed by our waitress. She was a real professional, on time, checking in but not too much. Phenomenal meal on a busy night. Really excellent food, service and atmosphere!

Indian Land, South Carolina
“If you like fine dinning this is a cozy place to go, until you order a coke.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went here to see if they had a better roast beef sandwich than BrickTop's at South park mall. Our friends had warned us that they serve their sandwich cold at 131 Main. We made our way to the very very dim lit booth ( it was about 1:00pm on a sunday). Our server was very attentive. I did order the roast beef sandwich and asked for it to come out hot. It did and was o.k.! Compared to the BrickTop's....well lets just say not even close! We ordered two cokes..and they brought us two bottle drinks?? With a name like 131 Main you would expect a nice glass, with ice, and a straw! Right? There were also no refills. Dinning out is a experience, and when you get the experience you come back for more. I am sure there are great things on the menu. It just seems that you have to give a little to get a little there. No worries! One day I just might end up back there to see what new ways 131 Main has made their customers feel at home.

• Visited September 2012
charlotte, nc
“Will definitely be back”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recently had a late lunch on Saturday (it was one of the few places in the Uptown/Dilworth area that was open). So for the mere fact that it was open for late lunch wins "brownie points" with me.

GREAT service. Our server was friendly, efficient, and seemed very knowledgeable of the products, menu, etc.

I ordered cajun shrimp pasta and it was very good (although,not excellent). There were plenty of shrimp in the order, but I have had better sauce (although, this was good, it was not GREAT).

My colleague had the crab cake salad and it looked very appetizing. My colleague said her food was great. The greens were bright and appeared very fresh (I guess the fact that they use local food). The crab cake, while not lump, was not full of bread, etc.

The cornbread is to die for! I am not a big corn bread fan at all, but this was very rich, tasty, etc.

I had the chilled crab dip appetizer. It was full of crab, but lacked somewhat in terms of zest and seasoning.

Drinks were quite tasty...I cannot remember the name of mine (other than it had 131 in it), but it had Disorono, Peach Shnappes, Southern Comfort, and Orange Juice and it was EXCELLENT.

All in all, a great experience, and I will definitely be back. Parking was easily accessible and the restaurant has a nice decor.

• Visited June 2013