“Take Out for Party of 40 and Everyone RAVED about the awesome food!”

Jim 'N Nicks BAR-B-Q
Ranked #81 of 2,388 Restaurants in Charlotte
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked continuously around the clock to ensure only the freshest product. All trimmings are made from scratch daily (there's no freezer in the whole building!) Dine In, Drive Thru, To Go, Private Dining, and Catering available.
Georgia
“Take Out for Party of 40 and Everyone RAVED about the awesome food!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

You havent had GOOD BBQ in Charlotte until you have eaten here. Just worked with catering staff to provide meal for a Party of 40 at our house and everyone FLIPPED over how good the food was. It was our son's High School Graduation and he picked Jim N Nicks..thank the Lord! Baby Back Ribs, Brisket, Mac N Cheese, Beans, Chicken Fingers, Potato Salad and of course, Cheese Biscuits and Sweet Tea! Oh yes, and Pecan Pie for dessert! The food was INHALED! Absolutely NO Mac leftover and my only mistake was not labeling the Chicken Fingers as KID FOOD! The adults inhaled the Fried Chik fingers and some of the poor kids didnt get any as I only ordered enough for the kids. JimNicks provided all papergoods and even wet naps which was great. And they gave me 2 bags of that awesome crushed ice! Their styrofoam cups were great bc you could write your name on the cup with a pen! Way to go...AGAIN Jim N Nicks! We drive 40 minutes to get to you and it is worth it EVERY TIME!

• Visited July 2013

Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
“BQ, Salads and More”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love this restaurant for several reasons..... Friendly staff and Manager always willing to please; fresh foods no freezer on site; the best homemade onion rings around; varied menu not just Q. Menu includes BQ, ribs, salads, sausages, veggies, good baked potatoes and on arriving at your table served little warm muffins. They have hands down the very best BQ chicken never dry always moist! You will not be disappointed when you visit this Jim n Nick's!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Food & Service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm not an expert in bar-b-que, so let me state that right up front. But, I do know good food when I eat it & this place serves up some fine items. The atmosphere is fine, family friendly & bustling. I'm told the prices r a little high for bar-b-que; but, the place is always packed, so folks apparently are willing 2 pay....& Charlotte has plenty of bar-b-que joints 2 choose from. I ordered the Texas brisket & thought it was done well: moist, juicy, flavorful & tender. Others ordered the chix & the ribs & found them to be good also. The cheese biscuits were good, as were the onion rings. Portions were not oversized, but average sized, fine by us, but if you're one of those folks who uses portion size as a review criteria, this isn't your place.

Evans, Georgia
“Best BBQ outside of Texas”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Even though I'm from the Carolinas, I prefer Texas BBQ, and my favorite is the Salt Lick just outside of Austin. That being said, this place ROCKED. The Turkey, Brisket, and Pork were all awesome, moist, and tender. The smokey flavor was perfect and those biscuits helped top it off. If you're in the Charlotte/Lake Wylie area, make sure to stop in and get your eats on. The staff was super friendly, one of the hostesses, Kennedy I believe, was super sweet and helpful. The prices aren't too bad and the food comes out pretty quickly. I live in Georgia and wish we had one of these here. Also, the side dishes are as good as the meat.

• Visited July 2013
“Just like Texas BBQ”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

What a treat!!! We're from Texas and know our BBQ. No offense to Carolina BBQ, but this is a no brainer. This is the best we've had since moving here. Perfect smokey ribs, brisket, turkey and sausage. Plates come w/ side choices. Had the Mac n Cheese, fried green tomatoes, yum!! We will definitely be back. Oh, huge portions so you have lunch the next day!!!