“Good BBQ in Charlotte!”

Jim 'N Nicks BAR-B-Q
Ranked #83 of 2,456 Restaurants in Charlotte
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked continuously around the clock to ensure only the freshest product. All trimmings are made from scratch daily (there's no freezer in the whole building!) Dine In, Drive Thru, To Go, Private Dining, and Catering available.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I really like this place. The BBQ is good. There is good variety on the menu. In general, it has everything you need to have a good dining experience. High quality food, good service, nice atmosphere. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We wanted some traditional North Carolina food, so our friends took us to this restaurant. We had a very short wait for a table, the place was very busy. We had a large booth that was really comfortable. Our waitress Alison was very friendly and helpful with the menu. We started with drinks and onion rings, the rings were very good. We ordered the combo plates with pulled pork and brisket along with two side dishes. They serve hot cheese biscuits, all you can eat, they are so yummy you can not stop eating them. They have a very extensive menu. The food was hot and there was so much the there was enough for the next day. This is a great family restaurant and the prices are very good. If you make it to dessert you are doing well.
Bring your appetite,

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Your friendly food snob here telling you that this place ROCKS! The hard part is decided which home-made side item to get. My fav are the beans for sure and the potato salad, the kids always pic the Mac N Cheese which is to die for! This is the BBQ we miss in Kansas City! RED SAUCE! Sweet with a BITE! None of this vinegar based stuff popular in the Carolinas. Love the crushed ice in my drink, BIG portions..I only eat half and take the rest home or split with my teen daughter. The kids always split a meal too! We are a family of 7! The pies...YUM! What to do? We go here for every Father's Day and at least 2-3 other special occasions. Superb customer service. The owner really cares about his customers. I love it here! Great atmosphere!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is primarily a large BBQ place but after going there for the BBQ try some of the other menu items. The ham on a bun is piled high and drips with juice. The BBQ pork was a bit dry and the Q sauce on the side a bit sweet for my taste. Plenty of sides to chose from. The potato salad and mac and cheese, really good. Service was great. When it comes to pulled pork BBQ, a hole in the wall, Q joint in central NC is where you find it.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am not much of a BarBQue eater. This is not my favorite type of food. Which is difficult, since I live in the South, home of BBQ. Jim N Nicks does an excellent job of making BBQ. And thier Cheese Rolls are Outstanding. The Service is great. If BBQ is your type of thing, this is a place well worth trying out.