“Our Family's Fav place to eat! HOME-MADE! REAL BBQ!”

Jim 'N Nicks BAR-B-Q
Ranked #75 of 2,386 Restaurants in Charlotte
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked continuously around the clock to ensure only the freshest product. All trimmings are made from scratch daily (there's no freezer in the whole building!) Dine In, Drive Thru, To Go, Private Dining, and Catering available.
Georgia
“Our Family's Fav place to eat! HOME-MADE! REAL BBQ!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Your friendly food snob here telling you that this place ROCKS! The hard part is decided which home-made side item to get. My fav are the beans for sure and the potato salad, the kids always pic the Mac N Cheese which is to die for! This is the BBQ we miss in Kansas City! RED SAUCE! Sweet with a BITE! None of this vinegar based stuff popular in the Carolinas. Love the crushed ice in my drink, BIG portions..I only eat half and take the rest home or split with my teen daughter. The kids always split a meal too! We are a family of 7! The pies...YUM! What to do? We go here for every Father's Day and at least 2-3 other special occasions. Superb customer service. The owner really cares about his customers. I love it here! Great atmosphere!

• Visited October 2012

McCormick, SC
“Not just for BBQ”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is primarily a large BBQ place but after going there for the BBQ try some of the other menu items. The ham on a bun is piled high and drips with juice. The BBQ pork was a bit dry and the Q sauce on the side a bit sweet for my taste. Plenty of sides to chose from. The potato salad and mac and cheese, really good. Service was great. When it comes to pulled pork BBQ, a hole in the wall, Q joint in central NC is where you find it.

• Visited January 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am not much of a BarBQue eater. This is not my favorite type of food. Which is difficult, since I live in the South, home of BBQ. Jim N Nicks does an excellent job of making BBQ. And thier Cheese Rolls are Outstanding. The Service is great. If BBQ is your type of thing, this is a place well worth trying out.

Visited November 2012
Johnson City, TN
“Could eat my weight in those cheese biscuits”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our server was really sweet, the food came out fast, and they kept the cheese biscuits coming. The portions were really good. We left there stuffed, and still had enough for a to-go box.

Visited November 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good Q”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Visited on a Saturday for lunch. Our server was very pleasant and handled us well. The cheese muffens were a nice touch instead of the regular huspuppy you will normally see a a BBQ joint. My menu pick was the pulled pork sandwich. I really thought $8.50 for a Q sandwich was a little steep when the normal sandwich to the north of Charlotte runs in the $3.50 to $4.00 range. The sandwich did come with a choice of 1 side and the Q was piled high. I guess the standard is slaw and a pickle on the sandwich (pass on pickle).
My side was the collard greens which were pretty good. I will go back to try the ribs.
Give it a try when you crave some pork.