“Average Food and Poor Service.”

Jim 'N Nicks BAR-B-Q
Ranked #82 of 2,404 Restaurants in Charlotte
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked continuously around the clock to ensure only the freshest product. All trimmings are made from scratch daily (there's no freezer in the whole building!) Dine In, Drive Thru, To Go, Private Dining, and Catering available.
Mauldin, South Carolina
“Average Food and Poor Service.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Visiting the area for a family reunion, my brother, cousins , my adults kids and I visited this restaurant on a saturday evening. We arrived at different times so didn't sit together. Several of us wanted ribs but was told they were out. I had instead a hamburger and the others had fried catfish plates. The hamburger was so-so but those who had the catfish, chicken breast and ribeye thought it was good but our waiter kept getting lost or forgetting our orders. My brother reported the same problem with his waitress. The best part of the meal for me was the cheese biscuits and icebox pie. Just as we were leaving, we saw several other people who arrived after us with ribs so we were confused as to the so-so service and why we told they were out. Unfortunately, it left a bad taste in our mouths. My brother was disappointed with the service. and the food. He usually leaves about twenty percent and the bill was over seventy dollars for the three at his table.

• Visited August 2012

Hickory, North Carolina
“Nothing like the one in AL”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were very disappointed with our meals. The ribs were tough and had lots of untrimmed fat. They were dry and tasted like they were reheated. The mac and cheese that we loved at the AL location was also poor. The waitress was helpful but could not make up for the bad food. Will not try this location again.

Visited August 2012
Thomasville NC
“Best chop ever!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Had the smokehouse chop Saturday and it was so tender and full of flavor. Also had the peach sangria and it was so refreshing on a hot night.

Naperville, Illinois
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Have had Jim 'n Nick's before in the past, at various locations throughout the south, and was not disappointed at this location. If you're looking for quality food in a nice environment this is the place. The service was fantastic; it seemed like my glass was constantly being refilled with Arnie Palmer. Get the Pork Sandwich with Mac and Cheese - can't go wrong.

• Visited July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Not being a big fan of BBQ, I was hesitant to try this place. But, it's near our house, the parking lot is full for lunch & dinner & the smells are heavenly, so we gave it a try. Interior is airy & comfy, staff attentive & the food good. Portions aren't gigantic, but average sized, which is fine by me, but for those who want "piles" of food, this may not be ur place. I ordered the Texas Brisket & it was excellent, good real smoked flavor & nice brisket, melted in my mouth. I was too full for dessert, so can't comment on these, but do recommend a visit here.

• Visited April 2012