“Great place to take the kids”

Discovery Place Science
Charlotte's Historical City Tour
Ranked #5 of 183 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Step inside an amazing world of science and spend a day at Discovery Place Science, one of Charlotte's most popular attractions. Featuring hands-on fun for everyone, guests can walk the rainforest, enjoy jaw-dropping experiments or wonder at the underwater world in the aquarium. Become immersed in larger-than-life IMAX adventures or the eye-popping 3D Theatre where science and nature spring to life. Plus, experience daily programming that stimulates the senses and imagination. It's scientifically proven fun!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Took the grand young'uns for a visit and think I had at much fun as they did. It was a blast. All the science stuff were pretty interesting. The kids wanted to watch some movie and I got to rest while they watched. The rainforest was super. The birds were just a few feet away from us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

we liked it so much we bought the membership, we plan to go back once a month, there is so much do see and do; visit the favourites like the small but well kept aquarium each time and then explore something else in more detail. The boys are also enjoying the live shows ... the last one exploring liquid gases!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Took my daughter there during our trip. It was a great time and she really enjoyed herself. The price was decent and it is right on the main drag.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our entire family loved this place (including parents, grandparents, preschooler and preteen)! So educational; without seeming like it. So many different areas to explore- plan to spend several hours. Hands on experiences thru out the building. Seperate section for very little ones (adorable on its own). Incredibly good and healthy food choices in the cafeteria. All of the staff very knowledgeable and helpful. I truly wish we lived closer- we would visit every month if we could!!!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife took our 10 year old grandson here while I took our daughter to a Panthers game. He had a blast and can't wait to return. I wish we had something like this in Atlanta. There were exhibits geared towards all ages of children, preschoolers thru high school. My wife even saw some teenage couples there on dates! How cool is that! The staff were very friendly and you can't beat the location!