“Worst course ever-save your $$”

More attraction details
Owner description: A golf course that is a centerpiece of a sprawling real estate development.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worst course ever-save your $$”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been playing golf for a while, and played hundreds of courses in my time. I can honestly say highland Creek is the worst course in golf history! Everything about it from pros hop to the greens is a joke. Looks as if it hasn't been maintained in years. True neglect and a sad excuse for a golf course. Worst part of all, they have they guts to charge 53$ haha. I see this club lasting another year if that at the rate they are going. Good luck highland creek. You'll NEVER see me again and I live 5 mins away!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Hidyhoe

Charlotte, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Do not play here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I live in highland creek and have not played the course in a while. I went out this past weekend and the course has went down hill. Weeds every. Even in the bunkers ! Tee boxes are in bad shape and the greens are horrible. Save your 53.00 and play some where else.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Wantitnice
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I play a lot of golf in Charlotte and never had played here until today, so I figured we'd give it a try. Boy was that a mistake. We arrived only to be told that the back nine was closed for the day (power line down). Obviously they had no control over that, but they should have called to let us know that this morning and offered a refund or reschedule.

I ended up driving 45 minutes to play the front nine twice on a very poorly kept course. The sand traps were worthless, and the greens were comical at best. Dead spots of grass, divots, and all sorts of issues here. The public, city owned courses in Charlotte are 10 times better kept than this. Go play there, or anywhere else around here and you'll be a lot happier.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dave J
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Celebrating its 20th anniversary. Must be measured in dog years.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

$48 was way to much to pay for this course. The only areas of good grass was the rough, and it was mostly clover. Greens were as bad/worse than quail hollow. Bunkers were awful. Tee boxes had little grass on them. I realize Charlotte golf is expensive, but the real rate here should have been no more than $30.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Timzr
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sad situation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ownership does not care about this course....take the money and run.....tees not mowed.....fairways not mowed.....traps are terrible and growing grass in them...no clothing, balls, etc for sale in the pro shop.....and on top of that no working bathrooms, only port-a-potty's

Not the way to run a Golf Course.

Visited April 2013