“Good Lunch Spot! Way Better than Ch*pt*le”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phat Burrito - CLOSED

Phat Burrito
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Description: Established in 1998. We are a Counter-service Restaurant serving Southwestern-style Mexican food in a funky, colorful environment. Phat Burrito uses the freshest ingredients to make all of our in-house recipes daily. We are open 3 meals a day, 7 days a week! Phat Burrito is proud to have been a staple in Charlotte's SouthEnd Neighborhood since 1998. Whether your grabbing a quick Burrito to go or enjoying the atmosphere on our Patio, Phat Burrito is the place to be. See you soon!
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good Lunch Spot! Way Better than Ch*pt*le”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place is really good for lunch, way better than the "cookie cutter" burrito spots. The price is not bad at all and the vegetable and fish burritos are really good. I will definently be coming here a couple times while working in Charlotte!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank AVogt

Charlotte
“Good tex mex local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I liked the chicken bbq tacos, great patio, chill atmosphere. I will definitely return!

Visited February 2012
Matthews, North Carolina
“I had forgotten how yummy this place is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Yum! The Salsa bar had lots of options and I loved their salsa! I just got a cheese quesadilla, but that gave me the opportunity to really enjoy the salsa.

You walk up to the counter, order, slide down and you can get your drink and plastic wear, salsa, etc. I think you go back to the counter to get your food, but they happened to bring us ours. Everyone at the table enjoyed their food.

I don't get in that area much, but when I do I will MAKE SURE that I take time to go eat.

Now be warned, it's a small place, it's not fancy, but it has character!!! They have 2 sections, the original and then another little area that has a garage door that can open. I bet that is wonderful on great weather days or nights.

Parking is either on the street or across the street in a gravel lot (there did seem to be plenty of parking at lunch time).

It's worth the trip, if you are not looking for someplace fancy or super clean. Not that it's dirty here, it just has character! It's a comfy lived in place that you NEED to experience! I like the atmosphere!

I hope I have been helpful enough... Let me know if this has helped.... THANKS!!

• Visited February 2012
Charlotte,NC
“HUGE servings lots of veggies available but beware salads have a ton of cheese and rice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have been here quite a few times and I never remember when I order a salad that it comes with a huge amount of cheese and rice. I do not mind the beans but it has enough cheese for three people. Don't get me wrong it is a very good salad but I think when ordering it I need to remember to go light on it. The food is good, lots of kinds of salsa you can take with or place on your food if eating in...they made the place a bit bigger so more places to sit. It is basically on the light rail or very close to it. Does not look like much from the outside & not many places to park but it has tasty burritos if you like the extra large variety & where you can choose most of what goes on it as well as other items and lots of veggie choices.

• Visited February 2012
North Carolina
“great burritos and fun for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

Best burritos in Charlotte (which is not a great Mexican food city, BTW). I like the BBQ chicken burrito . . . best part is that it is right by the light rail, so if you have young kids they will love watching the trains at an outside table. Also, they play very cool music, lots of reggae and ska . . . Charlotte, with its plethora of chains and bland restaurants, needs many more funky places like this.