“Simply Amazing”

Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
Ranked #19 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to stay at this location for a two week business trip and it was amazing. The staff treated me like family. I worked out and swam nightly and always felt comfortable as a single female in an unknown city. Hands down to this staff and location for top notch service and accommodations. I have informed my company to use this location exclusively for all of our travel needs. Thank you Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank 7,432
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear 7432,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay! I agree the staff is amazing. They work hard to give top service and exceed expectations and am delighted to hear that you have recommended our hotel to colleagues. I will be sure to share your accolades with the team and see you again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

At $140 for a weekday room (more weekdays than on weekends), this hotel was a rip off. This hotel was completely booked to capacity the days I was there, considering obviously they are making plenty of money with it being completely booked, I think they could pay for the repairs needed along with better service.

First, they should take out the signs in the rooms that say if you need something/forgot something to ask they have things available for purchase or complimentary. They had no basic items to purchase or borrow/ect. They offered quarters to do laundry and then said they had none and were out... it was insane.. they had nothing.

The breakfast in the morning was beyond discusting. We stay at hotels all the time with free breakfast, and yes, free is free... but this was just gross. I brought a doughnut to my room and spit it out.. yes it was that gross.. it tasted like chemicals. It wasn't until my last night there someone left a storage door open to where you they pull the food/coffee out of.. I could have died at how gross it was in there. The person who posted about the palmetto bug/cock roach was probably not far off with his description. And please, I use to live in florida, they are everywhere, but nice hotels make sure they are well on top of exterminators.

The side door has a key card entry, so you don't have to walk to the front of the lobby. That is great, except it is broken. The card entry to my room was starting to break too because it only worked half the time I would enter my room key into it.

It is great they have a pool, but they hardly ever have it unlocked, and you have to ask to have access to it.

This was the worst Hyatt Place I have ever stayed at, and ranks at one of the worst hotels I've stayed at as well.

Overall, pick a different hotel to stay at if you are in the area. There are plenty of options!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SarahMPhotography

Dear SarahMPhotography,

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel. All of our 'borrows' items have been restocked and the door lock on the right side of the buidling has arrived from Onity (after being on backorder). In addition, I did want to touch on the pest problem you spoke of. Steritech is our pest control company and has been working closely with us to resolve the recent issue we are having with Palmetto bugs. I assure you these pests die when making thier way inside and do not nest indoors. To combat this issue Steritech has treated all areas outside including spraying a solution on the exteriror of the building, drain treatment and installation of door sweeps on all exterior doors.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time on our dime.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 704.522.8400 or lisa.ganzzermiller@hyatt.com.

Hyatt Place Charlotte Arrowood

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Now other than this issue everything else is excellent. Work up about 4.am this morning 06/25/25, I look down on n the floor next to my bed, and I see something black, look like I had dropped something, then suddenly it moved, it was a COCKROACH, and a BIG cockroach, I then proceeded end it's life, but it took three hits of the water bottle (full of water), to kill the thing.
I proceeded to take and give the dead insect to the lobby.
I'm interested in what they will do?
Other than that, stay is good, I'm.here for one more night let's see if the bugs come out again

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank steve b
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear steve b,
Thank you for staying with us while in Charlotte. I am terribly sorry you encountered a Palmetto Bug while staying with us this week. Palmetto bugs are common in our area and sometimes get into the building via the HVAC unit. Although these bugs are very large and look similar to roaches they are not related and do not nest indoors. Once they come indoors they will die after a few hours. We work diligently with our contracted pest control company, Steritech, to prevent and eliminate issues. That room and surrounding area has been inspected fully and nothing else has been found. To that end, you should not have experienced that here and for that I am sorry. I know the team has provided some complimentary meals and 7500 Hyatt Gold Passport points to your account in an effort to show our sincerity and ensure your loyalty to our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing 110% satisfaction with service and product. If there is anything else I can do to encourage a return visit please let me know.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our Hyatt reward points and the hotel was extremely clean an nice. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly. The only issue that we had is we earned a free night through their loyalty program and when booking the room, we had a zero balance. Upon checking in, they wanted to charge us Tax and fees for $30 and after my husband questioned, they ended up charging a $15 fee, that was said to be for our credit card.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Michelle M,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as a loyal Hyatt Gold Passport Member. I am sorry to hear you had difficulty at check-in. It is Hyatt's policy to require a credit card to authorize for $15 (in addition to room and tax charges) to cover any incidentals that you may have while staying with us. When redeeming your free stay via points it is free and we take care of room and tax charges. I apologize that our team explained this incorrectly and caused unnecessary confusion. Please know that this feedback will provide good training with the team and know that this will be corrected going forward. Thank you again and I hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Had a good stay at this hotel for the weekend. I give 4 stars given the good value with the inexpensive pricing at this newer hotel; otherwise hotel would be average. Room was clean and comfortable. Definitely a no frills hotel - they didn't even have lotion in the room. Breakfast was average at best, but nice that it's included. Note that parking is either valet at $20 per day or on your own at the parking lot next door for $7 per 12 hrs.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank domer621

Dear dome621,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay, however, I think you may have gotten our hotel confused with the Hyatt Place Uptown as we do not charge for parking. Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt Place and maybe we will see you on your next trip to Charlotte!
Cordially,

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were the bride and groom and blocked rooms at this hotel, and the customer service was OUTSTANDING. We worked with a man named David prior to our arrival, and he was super responsive and helpful. The rate was excellent for the guests- king size suites at $89/night which included breakfast. When we were actually at the hotel, the service continued to be great. We were congratulated about our wedding by many different staff members, our room both nights was comped, and we were given a hand written note and bottle of wine. All the relatives that stayed here were equally as happy with their stay. If you need an event booked in the area, this hotel went above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome.

Room Tip: We only had king suites and the location was fine. No recommendations
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahpendleton

Dear sarahpendleton,
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we're doing. I am delighted that David took such great care of you and your guests. He is a true asset and I will be certain to share your accolades with the entire team. Congratulations on your wedding and may your marriage be blessed for years to come.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I felt like I was at home. It was clean and e everyone was friendly and the lady at the desk I forgot her name I think it was Barbara she was a black lady, she was awesone. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family because of the excellent service I received. I had never stayed at a hotel what I feltbad the people actually care about how I was being treated.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Rashiele,
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I am so delighted that the team made you feel at home and welcomed. I will be sure to share your accolades with the entire team. We hope to see you again soon.
Safe Travels,