“Hyatt Place Charlotte”

Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
Ranked #17 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is a very comfortable property. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They have been very responsive to any need. I want to Thank them all for a job well done. The breakfast is better than any continental breakfast I've used.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
lganzzer, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hi gene e,
Thank you for taking time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay! Its always good to host your groups every month. We hope to see you again if you're ever back on the east coast.
Cordially,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We've stayed at this spot several times since my son moved to Charlotte on graduation from USC. (Go cocks!) One time I accidently booked us at the airport location, which was very nice, but it was chaos the next morning with all of the guests cramming the small lobby trying to get breakfast with suitcases in hand and grumpy kids. I took my elderly mother to Charlotte in April 2013 to see my son's new condo. Luckily, she is hard of hearing so she didn't hear the group that had no problem yelling and whooping it up in apologized and sent someone up. Unfortunately these jerks weren't interested in being quiet. It was disturbing, but I eventually got back to sleep. I mentioned the problem to the morning clerk who was well abreast of the issue and very sorry. She told us the manager was not yet in but I would hear from him. "Sure", I thought. I received an e-mail from him within a couple of weeks with a nice apology and asking me to return for half-price for one night or one night free of two. It took us until Nov to make a return trip. I e-mailed him ahead and he told us he would take care of the discount. It was no problem. The staff at their Hyatt Places are excellent in attitude and service. They go out of their way to speak to you and make sure all is ok. I love that these are suites, and I have never had a cleanliness problem in my many stays there. Could the hot breakfast be better? Yes, but at the price, you can get cereal and some eggs and be happy. I have no reason to go anywhere else the next time I am in Charlotte, and am willing to try Hyatt Place's in other cities.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Lisa B,
Thank you for taking time to let us know how much you enjoy our hotel. The team works hard to provide a clean, safe well maintained hotel where guests are treated like family. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
It's always good to have a gamecock fan in the hotel! We look forward to see you again soon.
-Lisa Ganzzermiller

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was here for work for almost 2 weeks! The staff was very welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. Excellent customer service. The customer service here was impeccable. All employees that I came in contact with were friendly and almost overly helpful. Jake was awesome!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Janie S S,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I will be sure to share your accolades with Jake and the entire team!
Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!
-Lisa Ganzzermiller

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I normally stay across the street a the Courtyard but decided to try the Hyatt Place. It exceeded my expectations and I plan to stay at the Hyatt from now on when I am in Charlotte. The rooms are updated, modern and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is plenty of parking and this hotel is very close to shopping, restaurants and the interstate highway.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ross_McClellan,
Thank you for taking time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
We look forward to seeing you each time you're in Charlotte.

At your service,

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Spacious & comfortable rooms, close to the interstate within half a mile. Good breakfast. Quite a few surrounding food establishments within walking distance. The staff is very friendly. Plenty of parking. The price for one night was good.

Stayed: January 2014
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear lexus873,
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear we were able to provide great service and meet all your needs. We hope to see you again soon!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I think the hotel is great for stopping over during road trips. Rooms are big and modern, beds are very comfy. Bathrooms are a little small and could use some updating but that is just something minor. When we checked in we were greeted very friendly. The tv in our room didn't work and we got quickly assigned to a new room. So no complaints. We slept well. The reason why I don't rate this higher is the employee the next morning though. That lady definitely had an attitude problem. We wanted to use our Hyatt gift card which has never been a problem before. She sighed and proceeded to tell me that this would be an entire process and will take some time and I might as well have breakfast. Another big sigh and I proceeded to have breakfast in hopes she would stop being annoyed by the time I finished. I think Hyatt places are good options but I can do without attitude!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear SarahTX,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I train my team to provide top notch service so I was disappointed to hear our team didn't provide the level of service that is expected when visiting Hyatt Place. We have researched the situation and used your feedback as a coaching tool to prevent this reaction and display of attitude from happening again. Please feel free to reach out to me direct if there is a way I can make amends. This was an isolated incident and I encourage you to come back for another try should your travels bring you back to Charlotte.
Cordially,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The customer service here was impeccable. All employees that I came in contact with were friendly and almost overly helpful. I came in for a huge family dinner after driving all night and arriving around 4 am. I booked and checked into my room by phone so that would make the checkin process easier weh we arrived at the crazy hour. Not only were they expecting me and my family, but they had our keys waiting for us and even took the liberty to pull out the sofabed for us and have it ready. I was impressed. The continental breakfast was excellent, hot and fulfilling. Overall this was a wonderful experience. My wife wanted me to mention that her only issue was that the TV was difficult to navigate and there was no free TV (cartoons, Nick Jr, Disney Channel) for toddlers to watch so keeping them occupied either cost money or you have to provide your own entertainment. This hotel was a great experience and the next time I'm in Charlotte the Hyatt Place/Arrowood will be my first choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tony W,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are always delighted to hear about exceptional service experiences. I will be sure to celebrate this with the entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Charlotte.

At your service,