“The devil is in the details.”

Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“The devil is in the details.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was ok but I am not super impressed. After two weeks of staying at this hotel I noticed things as the days went on. Things like how inconvenient the tiny bathroom is that you have to step behind the door to shut it and how the maids never seemed to give the room a thorough cleaning, especially the bathroom. The food at the restaurant is of course overpriced as most hotel food tends to be. The mattress seemed old and I could feel every spring in it. Not the best value in a hotel if you ask me.

• Stayed September 2013
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Bacon001:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us valuable feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 704.522.8400

Hyatt Place Charlotte Arrowood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed the night here for a Bachelorette party in a double room. There were only 4 of us and we had plenty of room. It was a really nice room. Marble counter tops, wet bar, big flat panel TV, lot of room. While a double is a little small to share between 2 people (that's the size of the bed for a double room, rather than the normal queen), there is also a queen size pull out in the couch in the room plus plenty of floor space if you want to bring an air mattress of more people. Another nice feature is the hook-ups on the side of the TV pedestal. I brought my laptop with an HDMI cable and was able to hook it up and watch Netflix. Super easy. The only downside of the room is the portion containing the toilet and shower was in need of maintenance. While it was cleaned, it was need in of things like stripping the caulk and replacing, bleaching the skids in the bottom of the tub (or replacing them) and stripping and leveling the ceiling and walls due to condensation damage. But like I said, it was clean, just surprising when the rest of the room was so nice.
The staff was also super nice. We got there around 1am and a few of us had forgotten our phone chargers. The gentleman at the desk was very friendly and when the hotel did not have the universal charger availible as mentioned in the literature, charged those of us with iPhones with his own personal charger at the desk. Very kind. The girl in the morning was also pretty friendly and chipper.
The breakfast was pretty good: toast, bagels, ceral, juices, coffee, tea, pancakes, eggs and sausage. Not the best ever, but pretty good.
I would definitely recommend when traveling with a group or large family. Lots of room in the rooms and lots of lounge area to spread out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jess L
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi Jess L,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay during your bachelorette weekend! We are currently working through our rooms to replace caulk and touch up other items in the bathroom area. I will be sure to share this with the leadership team so we can address quickly. I will also share your kudos with the front desk, overnight crew and entire team. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again soon!

-Lisa Ganzzermiller
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Upon our late arrival the staff was very gracious in greeting our large group and offer many accommodations to help with our large group. The rooms were very clean and well arranged, great hotel at any price.

• Stayed September 2013
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Greetings Pauley34,
Its always great to hear about good guest experiences. I am proud the late night team was able to deliver great service while accommodating your group. Thank you for sharing and I will be posting your comments for the entire team to review.
We hope to see you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This Hyatt blew me away. It was a little outside the city but close enough to be convenient. The place was much more upscale than I expected for the price. Large, spacious rooms that were very clean and an excellent bathroom that was way above the 3 star rating. Highly recommended for travelers to Charlotte!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BlueMeds
Thank you for taking time to post about your experience and high recommendation. I will be sure to share them with the entire team. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte!
Happy Travels,
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I travel frequently to many places and have never had better service. I would like to recognize Shamere and Miss Lucy for outstanding service. They were very friendly and more than helpful. Never been more impressed and looking forward to my next visit. Thank you Shamere and Miss Lucy for doing a great job!

Mr. C

• Stayed August 2013
Greetings Huskers51c,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your accolades with Shamere, Lucy and the entire team. Thank you again and see you soon!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times now, and I'm now feeling it as a my Charlotte 'home'. The front desk staff who greeted me actually remembered me (which reminds me of that theme song in Cheers!), they are all as friendly as can be! The breakfast is great as usual and the room clean. Thanks for another super stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Greetings EllieBee1,
Thank you for choosing Hyatt as your home away from home while in Charlotte!

"...making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name..."

I will be sure to share your kudos with the team. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

-Lisa Ganzzermiller
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This is our third time in this location , it was awesome as usual! Great clean, spacious suites, and breakfast in the morning! We travel with children and there is a comfy place for everyone. Great price for what you get! You can't go wrong. We always go to Carowinds and it is only about 7 minutes away! Thanks Hyatt Place for another great stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Lisa G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear blueskiescd,
It is always great to hear from our guests. Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay while visiting Carowinds. I will be sure to share your comments with the team!

Lisa Ganzzermiller, General Manager