Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood
$227
Westin.com
$98
Hampton.com
All reviewsfront deskjack in the boxsoccer tournamenttwo double bedsgreat place to staygreat customer servicelate checkconvenient locationi highly recommend this hotelmini fridgeexcellent stayyogurtfree breakfastthe breakfast areadefinitely stay here againstaff was friendlybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a soccer tournament. It was perfect for our needs during this event. Pretty good breakfast, team was able to eat a healthy meal. Staff was very friendly and efficient. We had problems with our TV working and they promptly corrected the problem and gave us complimentary beverages for the inconvenience. Just wish they had queen beds instead of double, but the pull out sofa is available if you need extra space (I usually bring an egg crate mattress pad since the sofa bed isn't the most comfortable).

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've reviewed this hotel before; still great business stay, no change there.

I just wanted to comment that I appreciate the updated breakfast that is available. You used to have to 'purchase' a plate of eggs or omelet, etc., but now, there is a selection of hot breakfast choices available. Today, there was a Southern biscuit' that was 1/2 biscuit with Canadian bacon, and egg and cheese/sauce... it was absolutely fantastic. Along with fruit, cottage cheese and toast, this made for a perfect breakfast. As a regular business traveler, I appreciate the convenience, and reduced costs!

The service at this hotel is great; staff available during breakfast to quickly clear plates, etc. I'm a regular and will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a great property, but it is looking a little long in the tooth. It is in decent shape - but a little rough around the edges.

This property is a little below average for a Hyatt Place - but it shouldn't prevent you from staying here. It is still better than other properties in the same class.

Our room was chilly when we checked in, and then it was too hot, then it was too cold, then it was too hot - we could not seem to get the temperature regulated.

The bed was a little too hard - we were given an ADA compliant room, so I don't know if those rooms have a harder/firmer bed or not - but our bed was very hard.

There were some stains on the carpet, and the wallpaper in the bathrooms was poorly installed.

The breakfast offerings aren't as nice a most Hyatt Place hotels, so I was a little disappointed by that.

Would I stay here again? Yes - the location is convenient and the property is nice. And the property is OK.

Would I suggest the property to others? Yes, it was an OK stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place for 3 nights with my family. My experience started out poor when I tried to book my parents a room for the same price as I was paying. I spoke to the general manager, Matt Parsons, who was very rude and refused to honor the price. (It was only a $30 difference, which was a big deal for my parents, but should not have been a big deal to the hotel and was, what I believe to be, very poor business sense for the hotel.) Between myself and my family, we booked 3 rooms at this hotel. We chose to go ahead and stay here anyway because of the hotel's close proximity to my cousin's house (whom we were visiting). Upon arrival, my aunt and I got lost on a very late, snowy and icy night. I called the hotel to get directions and the employee that answered the phone, Darryl, was excellent!!! He stayed on the phone with me for an hour until I arrived safely. We really appreciated his patience and calming nature. He really went out of his way to help us! The rooms were very spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable. Upon checkout, we went down to the lobby to print our boarding passes and needed help. The woman at the front desk, Lucy, was so sweet and polite. She tried to help us out, but when she couldn't, she called the manager, Matt. We waited and waited, but he never came. Finally Lucy offered for us to use her computer station behind the front desk. We successfully printed our boarding passes and on our way out the door, saw Matt just sitting there behind his desk. It was completely obvious to me, on 2 different occasions, that the manager, Matt, did not care at all about customer service. For that reason only, I will NEVER stay at a Hyatt Place again. My experience, at the beginning and end, left such a bad taste in my mouth. It's such a shame, because the rest of the staff and the hotel itself was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

So me and my family arrive at the hotel around midnight after an eight hour drive. And we were impressed with the exterior. Once inside it was ok, but we got to the desk (which doesn't look like one) and we was not even greeted. Once we got up to our room we was ready to go to bed, but couldn't because both beds had dirty stained sheets, one of the beds was full of someone's hair like they rolled around in it before making it up. We called down for new sheets and was told we had to come and get them. So we asked to switch rooms and the agent (Dennis I think) had an attitude like he was paying for our room. We get to the second room and that one is full of ants. So instead of staying the three nights we booked, we stayed one and found a way BETTER hotel in the area. I thought Hyatts were great but this one makes me want to switch brands.

• Stayed: February 2013